cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resting users email passwords office 360 with BT

richwell

hi,

I have office 360 with BT and have up to 10 email addresses/users. We use outlook and i am trying to transfer to a new PC.

Two users have forgotten their passwords and when i try to reset them via the webmail page it says it is not set up. 

I logged into BT business account as administrator on the BT website, but i can't see/change their passwords or find setting to enable them to reset the passwords themselves.

the only options i have is to deactivate their accounts.

If i back up their outlook files on current computer, then deactivate thier accounts and set them up again with the same email addresses would that work? on the basis that i can then use the backed up outlook files on the new pc.  Or if not where is the setting to enable password reset? 

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi richwell

Sorry for the delayed reply. There is a bit of a known issue just now with resetting passwords for some accounts - so this could be what is at fault here. That should be sorted ASAP - but depending on your account the issue could be completely unrelated. I would recommend getting in touch with our livechat team here - they can help you get those resets in place after validating the account without you needing to deactivate and reactivate anything.

Regards

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi richwell

Sorry for the delayed reply. There is a bit of a known issue just now with resetting passwords for some accounts - so this could be what is at fault here. That should be sorted ASAP - but depending on your account the issue could be completely unrelated. I would recommend getting in touch with our livechat team here - they can help you get those resets in place after validating the account without you needing to deactivate and reactivate anything.

Regards

Ryan

richwell
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes live chat sorted it out for me. 👍