cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Connect email address

petes_dragon

Can anyone confirm the process for retaining a BT Connect email address when you cancel your BT Business phone account.  We are ceasing the landline and broadband but will still have a active account for Web Hosting

I've called your call centre 5 times and 3 of 5 say you can retain it, 2 of 5 say you cant.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Londonsw13

I still use my btconnect email addr and haven't had a business a/c for about 10 years!

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi All

You can only retain a BTConnect email if you have the service it came with still on the account. An example would usually be business broadband or webhosting. If you still have an active BTConnect email and you do not have any linked service such as the aforementioned ones, the email will eventually cleanse off of Microsoft's servers.

I have seen BTConnect emails go after a week and I have seen ones last for years and years, but eventually they will go if there is not a linked service.

Regards

Ryan

networktyping99

Is this still the case? As I've been told I can't retain my btconnect email when I leave even if I buy webhosting.

spank
Grand Guru

Yes, you will lose the btconnect address.

All that was required was an active billing account but now it's associated with the broadband so if you have no broadband then the btconnect mailbox will eventually cancel.

You should receive a notification when you attempt to cease the broadband.