cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining BT Connect email address

PatrickCoughlin

BT managers please can you confirm the process for retaining a BT connect email address when you cancel your BT Business account.

I've called your call centre 5 times and 3 of 5 say you can retain it, 2 of 5 say you cant. 

Thanks 

Patrick 

17 REPLIES 17

gemma-harrison

Hi,

Please can someone help me. I am a BT Business customer but we have decided to cancel our account and move back accross to BT residendial.

Will I loose my btconnect.com email address or is there anyway to keep this please?

Thanks

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Gemma

Unfortunately there is no way to retain your BTConnect email address unless you retain either the broadband or the webhosting service the emails are linked to. If you cancel the service then the emails will eventually be deleted off the system (this may not be immediate, I have seen it take a few months in some instances - but sooner or later it will eventually be removed). I would suggest that you back up any emails you need as soon as possible.

I know with residential you can set up a BTInternet email address, so the residential team should be able to assist with that side of things.

I do apologise that. I hope you can get an alternative sorted without any issue.

Regards

Ryan

DaveUK

Very poor from BT.

We also want to retain btconnect email addresses, we still have a business  account with BT.

We had 2 adsl lines, switched to one Fibre line.

Same business name, same location, same account number.

BT have refused to transfer our emails from one of our old adsl lines that we wish to remove to our new Full Fibre broadband package..

We offered money, asked for help, but were met with a brick wall. When I ring up they play dumb and confused as if I am asking something incredibly complicated.

(we are not over our email limit, only have 4 addresses in total).

I can't believe we are the first people to have faced this issue of transfering from more than one adsl broadband to a single Fibre line.. and wanting our emails moved.

MisterChandla

Hi Ryan,

I was a BT Broadband customer for years, starting around 1997! My email addresses were suffixed as btclick, then they moved to btconnect.com

I can still access them, and use them all the time, so I have no wish to change them, that's how everyone contacts me.

The problem I have is with the 1GB mailbox limit, which means they are always near-full.

Please can you tell me how I can activate this webhosting service you mentioned, how much it is per month, and how large my mailboxes would be if I proceed?

Regards,

Omar

petehill

I have been using BT Connect for about 25 years since BT click days. It has always worked well, but recently I have been having 'full box' issues. I deleted the mail account on my iphone and now cannot reinstall it as I cannot discover the manual settings on the internet anywhere any more. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

petergroft
Power User

You can keep using your @btconnect.com email address, as long as you have a paid-for service on the account to keep it active, we would put a hosting pack on your account which would be billed monthly/quarterly depending on your preference.

Regards,
Peter

petergroft
Power User

Download the Parallels Desktop installer to your Mac.
Double-click the . dmg installation file to mount it in Finder, then double-click Install.
Read through the Software License Agreement and click Accept.
Once prompted, enter your local Mac user password to finalize the installation.

Hope You Find This Useful,
Peter

DenisFilby

I am not sure if this helps. Like you I have had a BT business account for years transferring and receiving large files. A while ago I started getting the 1Gb limit warning. As I had retired and used normal size transfers I wondered why this was happening. I spent a lot of time trying to find out, with little help from BT or Microsoft. I archived messages and deleted others. The problem was resolved for a while and then returned. I looked in my Outlook folder and at the storage use and found that the messages received comprised a small part of the storage. The greatest part (a very large amount) was my replies. After deleting a lot of this and archiving some the problem seems to have gone away. But it has left me dissatisfied with both BT Business and Microsoft.