cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]" on home.btconnect.com web pages

psmcdonald

For well over 12 years, I have maintained several web pages in "home. btconnect.com/McDonald/" but in the last few days, access has been denied to all of them with the message "Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]". Nor can I upload pages by FTP.  The same thing happened two years ago and, after a couple of weeks, the pages reappeared - until NOW.

What has happened?  Will these pages be restored?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Peter

I had a word with our 2nd line team about this for you. So that is a free website you have. The agent managed to reactivate it and advised me it should be back up for you within a few hours - however, our free websites are going away by the end of Decemeber, so that is someting to be aware of. It may be worth looking into other options in the meantime so that you can transfer the website over to another provider if need be. My apologies about that.

Regards

Ryan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi psmcdonald

This sounds like it could potentially just be an error on our end. What I would recommend is contacting us on 0800 800 154 and asking to speak to our 2nd line team, who should be able to check that out for you and rectify the issue. 🙂

Regards

Ryan

psmcdonald

Thanks for replying, Ryan. I'll call BT tomorrow (25/11).

psmcdonald

Hi Ryan,

I've drawn a blank with BT helpline and Technical Support. They cannot (and will not) investigate this problem and cannot give me any idea if the web pages will somehow become available again (like they did 2 years ago).  I have many users in my community who will very disappointed that the web pages, hosted by BT, have gone.

Peter

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Peter

I had a word with our 2nd line team about this for you. So that is a free website you have. The agent managed to reactivate it and advised me it should be back up for you within a few hours - however, our free websites are going away by the end of Decemeber, so that is someting to be aware of. It may be worth looking into other options in the meantime so that you can transfer the website over to another provider if need be. My apologies about that.

Regards

Ryan

psmcdonald

Thanks for progressing this. The web pages are indeed working again which is a relief but I appreciate the advice about the future of my free web space after December.