cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party access to text messages

Surjane

Is it possible for a 3rd party to get access to my text messages on my mobile phone, download them and print them off without my consent or actually using my mobile handset?

18 REPLIES 18

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Surjane

Hope you are well! To my knowledge no-one can access your text messages without physical access to your SIM. If you need further support, you can find our contact information and faqs in www.bt.com/business/help

Regards

Ryan

Diana-Farad

Thanks for the help! Very valuable explanation. 

ryder8629

Case 1: People: No person can access your text messages to 3rd party vwithout any kind of physical access...Hacking may be an option but meagre possibility in case of text messages.As no use of data in sms.

Case 2: Applications: Some applications have direct access to text messages,but they are all trusted sources permitted by google play store...And i don't see any reason to doubt google though

Thank you for posting something like this Thank you for posting something like this

jekky

If you're on Android, Google Hangouts is the default for messaging with other Android (and Google) users. ... If you want a simple way to communicate with people between different devices, third-party messaging client make things easy. That's where apps like WhatsApp or Snapchat comes in

Enriquez451

Thanks for the nice post 

Omegle

Kaylie

No person can access your text messages to 3rd party vwithout any kind of physical access...Hacking may be an option but meagre possibility in case of text messages.As no use of data in sms.

PetersonO

End-to-end encryption means that messages are encrypted on the sender's device and only the recipient can decrypt them..Other user favorite chat apps including Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Kik, Skype, and Yahoo Messenger only offer in-transit encryption, which means they could be accessed by a third party.

kelper
Guru

Do you suspect that someone has read your messages?  If someone had physical access to your phone without your knowledge, they could install some hidden malware.  State actors can install spyware remotely.  

Lenard

The app or service won’t be able to access any more info from your Google Account, but you may need to request that they delete the data they already have.