cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number suddenly ported to the cloud because of BT error, no internet or phone for a MONTH - HELP PLZ

mji1

We've been a BT customer for well over 40 years, with 3 telephones and broadband. It is a restaurant so all these are business critical and essential to us.

Out of the blue on Monday 28th February, to my utter shock, I received a letter saying "Sorry you're leaving" your services will cease on Wednesday 2nd March... As you can imagine that caused so much panic and headache to try and get through to BT and see why this was the case as I never said I wanted to leave. The advisor told me not to worry as they checked and the number port cease request had been actioned and my number and telephone/broadband wont be affected.

Come Wednesday 2nd, I found we had no line or broadband so I contacted BT and after being passed from team to team and on hold for a great deal of time I was seen to.  My complaint from 15th Feb was reopened and I was told it was being investigated and they would need to request a reversion/restore of services from a department which deals with bringing numbers back, I was assigned a Complaint Manager (CM).

Openreach sent a form to CM requesting more info to be provided to them which he did. However after that it went radio silent, I was phoning up every single day bearing in mind it had been well over 2 weeks and nothing was heard from openreach or BT. Surely if Openreach aren't responding to the escalations/chaser from the CM, the CM could talk to a senior manager? We've never defaulted on payments, always had a prompt care package across all our products so should anything catastrophic like this happen then we are seen to and a solution provided as a priority.  Being such loyal and long standing customers of BT seems like it means nothing to them, nor are they worried about the wider effect this is having both mentally and financially to my family and me. The roof over our heads is hanging in the balance as well as the survival of our business. Our livelihood is in jeopardy. We have lost business due to this BT system error. Two years COVID had brought us to standstill and now this year BT have brought us down to our knees. We are very very worried about the business surviving.

Somehow, the telephone number has started working even though it's showing as inactive and in quarantine, which is really baffling?! I was told yesterday a request was sent for the number to be moved out of quarantine and show as an active PSTN to allow for this new CloudVoice service to be ordered and they should get back within 24hrs. It has surpassed that timeframe and last I heard it was still sitting in the Recovery team's queue!

I apologise for the lengthy overview, but I am at wits end now, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, it has gone on far too long and the response has been severely inadequate. I cannot believe how we are still without service.  Please please please can anyone help or advise?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

kelper
Guru

As a fellow BTB customer, you have my sympathy.  You should ask BT for compensation for lost business.  I wonder if dishonest person(s) was trying to take over your line?  One of the forum mods will be in touch soon so check this forum frequently today.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi mji1

I'm sorry about how things have went so far in regards to your service - so I can look into this for you, can you please send me a Private Message with some details so I can look into the account?

^BethM

mji1

I have sent you a PM.

mji1

An update, still no joy in any way. Complete silence from my Complaint Manager and even his boss who I requested on numerous occasions to give me a call. As per usual they churn out the same line of "expect a call within 24/48 hours" but that timeframe means absolutely nothing as NO ONE HAS EVER PHONED BACK. The best one i heard was: "if your CM hasn't phoned you back this afternoon, I will PERSONALLY phone you." You can guess by now I didn't receive that call either. The way my case is being treated is just utter barbaric and truly disgraceful.

I was told that external works would be carried out Wednesday 30th and once done the internal installation could be expedited (I made sure to obtain written confirmation as I don't believe a word anyone from BT says). No engineers could be seen working outside anywhere so I phoned BT who said the external works would be carried out on Friday 1st April! I have no idea why my case is still being dragged out for such a long period of time and not seen as an urgent priority.  We are tethering on the complete brink of business shutting down and homelessness due to the error that BT have created. We are severely suffering for something we didn't do, how is that even right?  WE HAVE TOTAL LOSS OF SERVICE because of something they done.

A formal complaint has been lodged but I will not be holding my breath.  Haven't heard anything back on that either. The Ombudsman will need to get involved now. BT will be loosing a long standing and loyal customer (they don't care about that or their customers all that matters is money)

kelper
Guru

Buy a 3G or 4G modem if you have a good phone signal. I feel your pain!

mji1

Mobile phone signal is very very poor.

It's all got too much now, there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

kelper
Guru

How are you able to post here if you have no internet?  Just curious.

Can you borrow internet access from a neighbouring business, using an ethernet cable?

mji1

I'm at home!

Thanks for the suggestion but that would mean drilling holes through various walls and beams

kelper
Guru

You could just go through the windows if they were cracked open?  Most windows can be locked while slightly open and most would probably close if you used a flat ethernet cable.