cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Cancelled

Davide

Hi:)

I had a contract cancelled, apparently some provider was trying to take over BT for my restaurant.

I didn't answer to their email but called them as soon I got a letter and by phone they reassured me that all was sorted and nobody was taking over their services. 

This happened in December, during the most busy time of the year for restaurants. Can't tell the mess and how much money I have lost with no phone line and no internet.

I first dealt with ombudsman, and with no recorded calls of course they put me in the wrong position as I didn't answer to their emails.

I have now received a third party collector company asking £800, I have an email that say extra charge for cancelling the contract is far more less (£138).

I can’t get access to recorded calls, so no choice for me to prove I called when needed, to tell them I didn't ask to change provider.

Customers service told me that even business are allowed to request recorded calls, but when I asked twice "no" was the final answer.

What can I do now? 

Is really unfair, maybe someone in their offices just forgot to sorted this when I called and for that I must pay!!!  

or is probably something they do in purpose to get extra money????

Can someone please tell me if is worth it to take legal action against BT? I prefer to give those money to a good lawyer but not to BT, is too unfair!!!!

thanks a lot to anybody who will help.

Davide 

4 REPLIES 4

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Davide. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. Would you be able to send me a private message so that I can take some of your account details and start looking into this for you? Thanks!

arrows

@Davide wrote:

Hi:)

I had a contract cancelled, apparently some provider was trying to take over BT for my restaurant.

I didn't answer to their email but called them as soon I got a letter and by phone they reassured me that all was sorted and nobody was taking over their services. 

This happened in December, during the most busy time of the year for restaurants. Can't tell the mess and how much money I have lost with no phone line and no internet.

I first dealt with ombudsman, and with no recorded calls of course they put me in the wrong position as I didn't answer to their emails.

I have now received a third party collector company asking £800, I have an email that say extra charge for cancelling the contract is far more less (£138).

I can’t get access to recorded calls, so no choice for me to prove I called when needed, to tell them I didn't ask to change provider.

Customers service told me that even business are allowed to request recorded calls, but when I asked twice "no" was the final answer.

What can I do now? 

Is really unfair, maybe someone in their offices just forgot to sorted this when I called and for that I must pay!!!  

or is probably something they do in purpose to get extra money????

Can someone please tell me if is worth it to take legal action against BT? I prefer to give those money to a good lawyer but not to BT, is too unfair!!!!

thanks a lot to anybody who will help.

Davide 

A party to a contract can always agree to release the other person from their obligations. To cancel a contract by consent, each party agrees to give up any rights to receive an agreed upon benefit, and promises not to sue the other person for a breach of contract

Davide

Hi Sam, I sent over a message, please do let me know if you've receive it,

Thanks

Davide

Davide

I m trying to send over a private message, but the system doesn't accept some words! and it doesn't let me send messages anymore