cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting my old number back after i was promised i would

Dhoomdesign

Hi i signed up with bt business because i wanted my old number back, so basically i started a new contract with bt who told me that they would try to get my old number back so i signed up, i was told that it could take upto 2 weeks (8th November) the latest to get my old number i wanted and i would be given a temporary in the mean time. After the 2 week time period i still didnt hear from bt so i decided to call and find out what is happening with my order. I was told by a member of the team that my order hasnt been closed for some reason and i will be getting my old number back once the order has been closed within 24-48 hours, so i waited for 48-72 hours and still my number was not live. I called in again to bt and i was given the same response your order has not been closed and that i will close your order now and your line will be active within 24-48 hours and you will be getting your old number back dont worry followed by a text message,

Hi Mr Q***** ***** Greetings of the day. Hope you are doing well today.
Thank you for contacting BT Business and connecting with me yesterday. I just want to let you know that I'm trying to get the order closed, once it is done then I will give you a call to get the number replaced to 0***********. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you but we will provide this number to you. In case you need to connect with me then please let me know and I will be a ping away from you. Thanks & Regards,
I****** B*****
BT Business
i waited again for 48-72 hours and my number was still not active so i called in again to hear the same response for the third time but this time the bt adviser could tell i was frustrated with the same response every time i called in and told me that she would personally make sure that the order will be closed while i am on the line. I had explained to her i have had business cards, bags, letter heads etc all printed with this number as they had told me they will be getting me the number back, she also assured me that they i will be getting my old number back and not to worry. 
After all of this and calling in another 3-4 times because my line was still not active i was told i can not have this number and i would have to put a complaint in for being miss sold something that was not available to me. 
I really dont know where i stand with this and i need my old number back as it is a business line and would appreciate if someone on here can help with this

Regards

1 REPLY 1

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Dhoomdesign

I'm sorry you still don't have your number. Can you please send me a private message so we can discuss? 

^BethM