cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing On Hold and Night Messages

NMostafa

We use Quantum System (Mitel 8568 telephnones)

Our On hold and Night messages need t be updated - in the past we always did this ourselves. Havent done it for a few years(!) and now the person he knew how to has moved on and didnt leave instructions.

Tried to get instructions online, but decided to call suppport to confirm these were correct as not sure. Told they would do it for us, record it and reprogramme the phones - but would charge for the service. I said no - we want to record it ourselves as usual, just need to a reminder the proceedure. No you can't have the instructions unless you pay as it still involves reprogramming!

Nonono..... this hasnever been the case before...its a basic part of anyy business phone system. I need to change the message at both of our sites and change the night message.....vital for callers to know the info on the message.

Is this correct????

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi NMostafa

Hope you are well, sorry to hear you are having these issues.

I was under the impression that if you had system maintenance with ourselves that the Quantum team should be able to help you  with your system. However if you do not pay us for maintenance it will not be something they would offer - so that could potentially be the case as regards to the charge.

I have found the Quantum user guide online (you may have already checked this). But anything on the site should be up to date, so any info within that should be relevant to your current system.

If you have not already looked at that, you can find it here.

If that fails, I would try the Quantum team again and ask them the exact reason you would have to pay? As I say it could be that the system is simply not maintained by ourselves.

Regards

Ryan

NMostafa

Thanks Ryan

Yes I looked in the guide but it has no reference to the on hold or night messages. I went online and got some instructions which we will try....

As far as I know we have a maintenance contract - we are covered for faults and highest elevl response as a GP surgery. We lease our phones from Shire as this is what BT recommended and pay for this quarterly. This was all sorted back in 2017/18.

Who can I call to check about the maintenance for sure...?