cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Voice Express & DECT phone / voicemail ??

littlemonsters

We have switched to digital with BT and have the new BT Business Smart Hub 2, with Cloud Voice Express.

Is there a way to attach a DECT phone, or is should really say a DECT phone with voicemail. The reason for this is that the Cloud Voice Express is pretty basic as i can't see a way to change the amount of rings before it goes to voicemail.

We are a busy and noisy children's soft play centre and we'd like to have the voicemail kick in after so many rings, ie 8 or so, just to give us a chance to hear it and answer it. If we switch on the Cloud Voice Express it goes to voicemail too quickly. It would be great to have the option in Cloud Voice Express to adjust the amount of rings, which would solve all this.

Currently we have no answer phone, which means it just keeps ringing, but that can get under the skin of some of our customers.

Before this set up, we had a DECT voicemail phone which gave us the option to answer after so many rings, so i was wondering if we can just plug that in.

The answerphone message was more of an announcement to say, we are currently very busy, please try again later. We didn't really use it for voicemail per say.

There is a phone socket on the back of our new BT Business Smart Hub 2, but it is taped over???

Or is there a compatible VOIP answerphone with Cloud Voice Express ?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

To setup multiple phones you would need to order an additional handset directly from BT. All controls on the are setup on the portal/app access which you have mentioned you looked at.

On the portal you are able to setup a personalised answer phone. Once you have it will take any message while you are busy and thus way you will no longer have the phone just ringing endlessly.

Thank you

Adam

littlemonsters

The voicemail supplied via the portal goes to voicemail almost immediately when activated. We want to be able to adjust the amount of rings before it goes to voicemail (like most answerphones on the market).

Do you know if we can connect another handset with a voicemail/answerphone to our digital phoneline ? We already have 2 Yealink handsets (purchased via BT), can we connect a DECT answerphone to it?

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If you have downloaded the BT Business cloud voice app within the app it allows you to increase the number of rings, it should not only have the option to go straight to voicemail. When you access the portal the options to adjust this will be available. 

Thank you

Adam

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If you are having any issues sorting this please message me directly and I can take your account details to assist.

Thank you

Adam