cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Main number to 3rd party VOIP but keep others on BT

smiles11uk

Hi,

We have three BT landlines in our office, a main office line, a fax line and an alarm line. But we are looking to move just the main office line to a third party VOIP supplier. We engaged the third party to initiate this move for us. However, they have come back to us to tell us that they cannot move the number without BT terminating all other numbers on the account. The option we were given was to move all numbers across. However, this is not something we'd want to do especially for the alarm line.

I tried calling BT account support but they didn't seem to be able to help and directed me to their VOIP team. The VOIP team told me (when I eventually got through their poor IVR menu system) that they were really only supposed to be for technical help with BT VOIP. The gentleman did think he remembered something about issues porting numbers that were in a range of numbers. However, our third party voip supplier couldn't confirm this as being the reason given by BT. 

The office used to have something like 7 other lines  incrementing from the main office number, but we have cancelled these and are left with just the three.

Has anyone encountered issues like this? Is there any information or help people can give to work through this?

Many Thanks
Simon
0 REPLIES 0