cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Phone?

hortz

Hi

Not sure if this is in the right section, but does anyone know if i can obtain a (local) business number from BT but have it diverted to my home number or mobile? Basically this is so I can work at home without giving my home number out on the marketing materials. The business requires a local number also, as opposed to a 0800 etc..

Many thanks

H

9 REPLIES 9

amt2002

I'm wondering this too. I've got a BT business landline number in my office. 

If I scrap the office and work from home, I wonder whether I could keep my number as just a 'call divert' line if I decided I just wanted to use my home virgin phone service.

And the charges that would apply in this case. 

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

BT Offer a service called Remote Call Forwarding. BT's Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) is a facility for transferring incoming calls to a different location. It is used when you has moved out of the exchange area do not wish to lose calls, or if the you wish to advertise a number from a certain area where you do not actually have a physical presence.

This is an expensive service, as you have a connection charge and rental of a number at the exchange, you would also incur some call charges. The caller will pay for the first stage (from their phone to your number) and you will pay for the second stage (from your phone to the number you have diverted it to).

If you are interested in this service please contact us.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

cjkandi

can you help?? ...... we have 2 numbers one being a virtual number the other just a home land line when the broadband was put in we when told the virtual number would work straight away , the broadband is up and running with NO.... (why is this? could this be what is wrong?) ..Need for the net work login number the home phone is working so why is the virtual number still dead this is my partners business number .PLEASE HELP Smiley Sad .

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am really sorry, i'm not sure what you mean. When you say Virtual Number, do you mean a call sign number on your landline or is it something else. A call sign number is an extra phone number on your line that rings differently enabling you to distinguish between calls. Is the number with BT Business or BT Residential services?

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

SeanC
Master User

Hi CJ

Are you talking about Voip broadband voice, if so is it residential or business?

Residential lines normally come pre configured to your BT home hub or can be configured manually at www.bt.com/bbv

If it is for a business account you will need to configure your Bt business router at www.bt.com/businessbbv to configure these you will need your broadband voice telephone number and password.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sean

Generaltrees

Hi Yes  you can  but the best  thing to do is to get a BT mobile as well  so you don’t get charge for call diversion as it is very expensive. Also if you already have mobile that’s unlock just asked for a sim only deal from BT mobile. Contact 0800800156/ 152/154  or you can have a one plan account  which include mobile  landline and  broadband  which is roughly about £154+ vat a quarter.  If you working from home you don’t required an additional home line the call from the land line will be diverted to the mobile. You can still used the land line while at home just asked them not to publish your land line number in the directory.

Hope this help   

Generaltrees

Hi

Yes you can but you will still need a BT landline at home. If you are out of the office exchange i.e. home 0208 and office 0207 they will provide you with a service call Voice Over IP (VOIP) which they will divert the number to the land line or mobile you will be charge about £5 for every number you asked to divert plus charges every time someone rings. (Remember call diversion are very expensive) so to avoid the call diversion charges get a mobile from them or SIM only deal for about £25- £30 per month go to their web site and check the available deal on their mobile

Hope this help

kenjordan1422

cost of transfering a bt land line to virtual line  - re-directed to mobile?  the plan is to remove land line as offcie is closing.

number is 10462 438299

VJIADIS

am not sure you have stated all the requirements, but i will share this one point. In order for any application to call the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) you will need a SIP TRUNK/Session which connects your server/application to the telephone networks. If you have a SIP Trunk, this application can connect via an IP provided by the VoIP carrier. Check out more information on virtual number and you can also find a carrier pretty cheap these days. Real phone numbers can also be provided so that you can receive a call back from your VoIP applet. Check out asteriks pbx or freeswitch. if you are looking for a href to enable a Telephone Number on a web browser to be ClickorCall, that would be  <a href="tel:+6XXXXX9">Click or Call</a>