cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestions on selecting a SSL certificate provider.

Anthonys

I am getting ready to set up my first e-Commerce project, and I need to do it economically. I want to install a SSL certificate on my website for secure communication. What should I look for while selecting a SSL certificate provider? Which cost effective options are available for my needs?

5 REPLIES 5

aggy19

Hi Anthony,

Here is some information regarding setting up a generic or private ssl certificate. Have a look and see if it's any help to you.

Generic:

Setting up a Generic SSL Certificate

Private:

How can I order Private SSL certificates?

Aggy19.

Message Edited by Anna on 03-02-2009 12:34 PM

Smith

If customer payments are being processed by a third party provider such as PayPal, you will not need an SSL Certificate.  However, if your customer transactions are being processed through e-commerce, an SSL Certificate is a must.  Browser compatibility and browser ubiquity are the factors that must be checked together with the encryption needs before selecting a SSL certificate provider. Different certification authorities like RapidSSL, Thawte and others with high browser compatibility and browser ubiquity have great pricing options. Their services can be sought to ensure a secure web connection and increase your e-commerce stability and you could find some good pricing options at SSL Star for your consideration.

Message Edited by Smith on 13-12-2008 03:30 AM

fevr6

I realise this might be a bit old this thead but for those who are looking for good SSL certs that work but don't cost the earth go to

http://www.trustico.co.uk/

I've been using them for years with web servers, Exchange mail etc and at £13 for a RapidSSL cert is hard to beat

DavisJoseph

This is really hard to selecting ssl certificate provider now a days because competition is going high and high. I found lens on squidoo that is about reviews on ssl certificate provider so that may helpful to selecting best ssl certificate provider. http://www.squidoo.com/review-on-ssl-certificate-provider

sslanalyzer

While we have only touched on a few SSL certificate providers here, there are potentially hundreds of different SSL certificates available on the market. This can be potentially confusing and difficult to navigate, but the general rule of thumb here is to use a trusted certificate authority and you can’t go wrong.

A higher price doesn’t necessarily mean a certificate is better, or any more secure for that matter, so be sure to select something that suits your business needs at the right price for you. Re sellers are a good option if you’re on a budget, because you can secure a certificate from a highly trusted certificate authority but at a much lower price.

Best SSL Providers