cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line for our business!!

lindamurray151

I recently signed up to BT digital when renewing our broadband contract. At no time was I given a time frame in which to install the new digital phones. I now  know it should have been by 01/10/24. We came into work yesterday 07/10 to find our normal phone line cut off . We installed the digital phones to find they are not working. After being on the phone for 5hrs with several BT agents yesterday, we still have no active phone line. This is hugely detrimental to our business. We now find ourselves in the position of having our regular phone line cut off and our BT digital lines not working. We are unable to access BT cloud voice express and it does not seem to recognise any accounts or passwords we have been given by the agents. We have now resorted to buying a mobile from Tesco so that patients can contact our dental practice. We have now spent another 2 hrs to agents today who have given us another account which again is not recognised. It does not seem like anyone we talk to has any idea what has happened or what is going on. As a dental practice the phone is very important and BT have left us in the most horrendous position. Any help anyone could offer at this point would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi lindamurrray151

I'm sorry you don't have a working phone line. Can you please send over a private message so I can look into this for you?

^BethM

kat

Dear lindamurray151.

We are about undergo the same disaster you have had. Our dental patients have had our landline number for over 40 years we have been with BT. When we signed up to a new contract they insisted we has a digital phone line and phone this is happening in two weeks. They have sent us a  business smart hub 3 and a digital phone is on the way I understand.

Then I expect they will cut of the landline we have and wont be able to recieve or make any calls.

This exact same thing happened to my phone line at home and the digital phones the sent would'nt connect to the Smart hub 2.I called BT many times they sent an openreach engineer last week who said the line was ok but could'nt get the digital voice phones to work at all. 

He said at least that hub a green socket on the back you can connect your old phone and throw the digital phones away.

The NOT so Smart hub 3  green socket doesnt work with old phones so we will just be cut off.

Its really upsetting BT can't help us have a phone line that works.

I read many firms have posted on different forums with exactly the same problems .

No working phones how can BT not get this right.

Depressing!

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi kat

I'm sorry your phone line isn't working. Can you please send over a private message so I can have a look for you?

^BethM