cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Photo Album to website

TrailerTrash

I am new to building websites. Found the easysite wizzard easy enough and managed to publish a website. Found the photo album easy enough to do (saved and "published"). Site optimisation, no probs. 

But I cannot fathom out how to link my BT photo album to my website? I have saved it then published it. Didnt work. I republished the website. That didnt work.

I have called the so called support at BT. First they pointed me to a PDF document, which I had already seen and does not explain what to do.

Then they suggested I search forums but I had already done that (found two old articles - One advised to republish website, I did and still no luck). Then they said they are only there to provide the tools, point me in the right direction and it was up to me to sort it out. Well they havent pointed me in the right direction! And its not sorted.

Have spent at least 12 hours trying to resolve this. Can anyone advise?

2 REPLIES 2

Sogo7
Grand Master

EasySite-Wizard is essentially a ten year old piece of software designed to function at a time when the Internet was much simpler place. Sure you can build a website with it today but you'll never be happy with the end result.

Get a quote from a local web designer, there's at least a couple in every UK town and Google will help you find them.  From a business perspective this delagating of the task to the most competant makes more financial sense than you tearing your hair out trying to learn everything & there's quite a lot..*

Alternatively if you are trying to save money by Doing IT Yourself take a look at WordPress. It's a free modular system just pick a template and add ready buit plugins for slideshows, contact forms etc.. Plus it has an active support community and development team.

* There are several websites with free tutorials that can teach you how to build a professional website from scratch, walking you through all the aspects of HTML,CSS, Javascript, PHP & databases etc but it will take months to grasp the basics and even longer to become confident.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

lockeja

Photo Album is very dated but if you are still using it you can add the album to your website by linking it to an image.  Simply copy the address of your album, double click your image, you should see and 'i' feature.  Clicking that should then enable you to paste the link of your photo album into an address field.  You also have the option for your album to either open in another window or within the website.  Hope this helps.