cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL - upload and download problems PHP

brainychat

I'm creating a commercial site for a client/friend on BT. Part of the application is to be able to upload a file (say, excel or pdf) which would be stored on the web server to be retrieved by the site owner.  The site is protected by an external SSL certificate, and the upload and download handling are via PHP server side code.

I have discovered that uploading and downloading files is constantly interrupted, if it takes place over the SSL connection, causing failures.  Some browsers handle downloading better, but all fail on the upload.  The upload is simply a normal <input type="file"...>. Although the receiving code has error handling, none of it is executed - the page simply returns blank or with an "unable to load page" message (from Chrome, specifically).  After tearing my hair out about why my code failed, I tried the same on the open connection and it all worked perfectly.

Is there some setting which I'm missing out on, is it something to do with the external certificate server or is there pretty much no solution to dynamic file transfer (0.5Mb+) across SSL?

1 REPLY 1

brainychat

Seriously? Not one response, even to the extent of asking for clarification or alternatively calling me an idiot?  NOBODY wants to help?  Are there no BT support staff who might even give a passing look?