cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 Relaying denied

sdonnelly

Two different users have told me today that they get a message when sending me emails. Some other emails seems to be getting though. Do I have a problem ? Or do they ?

1. btconnect.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

Stephen Donnelly (xxxxx@xxxxx)

1. btconnect.com gave this error: Relaying denied

A problem occurred while delivering this message to this email address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Mod notification:

edited message as Mailto: hyperlink still active and showing address

3 REPLIES 3

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there @sdonnelly 
Sounds like BT have rejected their message, I have a few questions to try to narrow down why this is happeneing:

Can they send to other addresses ?
Are they sending you attachments, and can they send you the exact same email (successfully) without an attachment?

Are they using BT as their outgoing server?

Thanks

Burkem5

sdonnelly

Can they send to other addresses ? Yes.

Are they sending you attachments, Yes, plus quite a number of links

and can they send you the exact same email (successfully) without an attachment? Yes

Are they using BT as their outgoing server? No. One is UK, the other India.

Thanks

Burkem5
Guru

Thanks @sdonnelly 

Sounds like our scanner is being a little bit overzealous,  if you have the sender compress the attachments as a .zip file and render the links as plain text rather than HTML and have them send to you that will come through.

I would also grab 3 examples of this happening (we can do this from less,  but the more examples we have the easier it is to track down)

please include

Date and time sent

Subject line

From address

To address

and attachment type (i.e. .exe .html .pdf)

Then contact us and we will send that off to the back office to have this sorted.

Hope this helps

Burkem5