cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Nightmare getting through to BT

faithfoundation

As a new business customer who recently had a new BT line and Business Broadband installed, we are hgaving extreme difficulty in getting a response, either from email or from phone calls to BT. Being pushed from one dept to another!

we were allocated a BT number 0208 xxx 2000 and were told that 0208 xxx 2001 will be allocated to use as a VOIP for fax machine. On the dat of the installation, the BT engineer came and fitted the line and said that the broadband would be activated later that evening.

We called our IT support guy, who successfully setup the broadband, wireless and networking. However it was not possible to get the fax working on the 0208 xxx 2001 number and could not find anywhere on our BT login account details how to activate the services. We were advised by him to speak to BT for help.

The next day we contacted BT and they kindly offered the solution, but being IT-illiterate, we requested to please send us an email what they just told, we were promised this would be done. This was nearly a week ago.

Our IT SUpport also contacted the support and was given an automated reference number and still yet no one has contacted us.

We regret we made a mistake coming back to BT!!! Please can someone help

13 REPLIES 13

SeanC
Master User

Hi Faithfoundation

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been having.

Please can you send me via private message your broadband telephone number and if possible your broadband voice telephone number and i'll have a look into this for you.

Also can you please send a contact number and name?

Regards

Sean

faithfoundation

SC

thanks. PM Sent, along with my email address. Please contact me throiugh the email address I gave on the PM

SeanC
Master User

Hi

There is no broadband voice on any of the numbers supplied, what needs to be done is sales or BT local Business needs to be contacted and a broadband voice service and a number port has to be placed.

BTLB www.btlocalbusiness.co.uk

Sales 0800 400 400

Regards

Sean

faithfoundation

We are going round and round in circles with BT!!! Sean, I have sent you a PM.

Vapor

BT are an absolute nightmare throughout.

I have migrated both residential & business lines to BT.

BT cannot deliver the ordered product correctly.

BT cannot resolve mistakes with orders

BT cannot support the products offered (I strongly suspect these products are 'branded').

BT still operate like a nationalised company over employing to reduce unemployment.

You should smell a rat when the sales team insist on their feedback questionnaire being filled in BEFORE delivery of anything.

Unless your heart is strong avoid BT. It is small consolation that other telecoms companies are more expensive and just as bad.

Vapor

On a more positive note:

I have been to BT Local Business then various support teams: Billing, VOIP Support, After sales Support. I have EVEN had 3 way conversations with BT Local Business admitting their mistake to other BT staff and requesting resolution but still being unable to get anywhere.

Briefly, I ordered HOSTED VOIP but received STANDARD VOIP (these 2 products are entirely different application servers). I got billed for both systems- the original order just became irrelevant. Fixing the problem (BT claimed) required removal of ALL my telephone numbers and re-ordering!!! NOT SO, I resolved the matters without more stupid BT chaos-p see below.

Not a single BT staff member wanted to own the problem and the BT Local Business rep (B.F.) who sold me the system is still hiding from me- will not answers calls. B.F. nagged me for feedback before any delivery. I gave glowing feedback, because no one else at BT seemed to know anything about HOSTED VOIP but I infer that this early feedback procedure means that all HOSTED VOIP system orders (or all orders) go wrong.

RESOLUTION:

[comments removed by moderators]

I got off lightly. I was planning to replace 49 office phones with HOSTED VOIP. I pay extra for a 2hr SLA (I cannot even find someone at BT to honour this) & BT QOS Business Broadband. Its all tosh. Its cheaper but the downtime is too significant. So any savings would be lost to extra costs of a dedicated Broadband line or backup analog phones etc. I trialled the system with just 5 phones so I avoided a dark nightmare.

The only other company I trialled was CloudNet who were almost worse than BT in that they are too busy to care.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Vapor,

Reading through your post it does sound like you have had a really bad experience. I am really glad that you eventually managed to get some sort of resolution, but sorry you had to go to such lengths to do so.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Vapor

Thanks for your comment.

Can the BT customers who have had positive experiences please post? I don't believe there are any.

I have two separate migrations to BT. BT proved to be abysmal on both occasions. The law of averages suggests there are no happy customers.

The Hosted VOIP server was down 2 days ago and is again down right now. This would be why HOSTED VOIP is not an easy solution to find on bt.com but BT Local Business will sell anything.

Douzeper

"Can the BT customers who have had positive experiences please post? I don't believe there are any."

AGREED!!!