cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abusive Telemarketers

Sogo7
Grand Master

I've got a client on the full BT Businees line package and would like to know if there is any way of blocking all incoming international calls as the chances of somebody in Mumbai actually wanting a plumber from Barnsley to come all the way to India and unblock a toilet is somewhat remote.

One call centre in particular is not taking NO for an answer and repeatedly calling at one minute intervals becoming more abusive with each rebuttle, is there something that can be done?

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner
4 REPLIES 4

AlisonH

I'm wondering if we were given a recycled number when we moved business premises in June and signed up  for BT Business phone service. Now we are getting persistent nuisance sales calls. Sometimes its a silent call, sometimes there's a hamster at the other end. Repeated requests to be taken off the call lists are ignored. Odd how this was never a problem in the past. 

I've complained to BT but they claim they can't do anything about incoming calls from outside the U.K. 

You can block calls, but you need a model of phone that allows this. BT have one (surprise, surprise), but its going to cost you. I've registered our new number with both TPS and another free service, Silentgard. I'm hoping both of these will eventually help. 

jkgardens

same with me, telling me when i ask to be taken off the list NO and i will phone you over and over again and lots of abuse, i asked his name he said barry garry 🙂 the only funny part of it !

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Guys

The TPS (Telephone Preference Service) will be able to block these.
Failing that you can contact the nuisance calls bureau on 0800661441

Hope this helps

bruce69

One of the best way is to ignore it ,in fact many people use this strategy to avoid those annoying telemarketers.In fact i successfully ignore those telemarketer when i am studying in school of economics or kauppakorkeakoulu in espoo and i love that i annoyed them through not saying anything.