cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Manager - adjusting useage limits

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

I am a small business user with 4000 Openzone minutes per connection per month.

For some completely unknown reason Access Manager thinks I have 250 minutes a month - and I have no way of adjusting this.

Every time I use Access Manager for Openzone it warns me that I am over my 250 minutes and I must accept to continue. When it warns me a few minutes later it drops the connection, tells me additional charges will apply, and I have to accept to reconnect/continue (so some current work is easily lost)

Anyone out there advise me as to what I have to do in Access Manager to change the embedded Openzone reference of 250 minutes a month to a figure of my choosing?

Cheers,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

Naishy
Power User

Steve,

I've created an update file that will make the usage limits visible under Settings Panel ->  Choose 'BT Openzone' from the dropdown -> 'Network' tab -> 'Usage Limit'. I've also set the default Usage Limit to 4000 minute and you can configure the Usage Warning % as required.

To apply this update, simply run it on your machine - BT Access Manager should open as ask whether you want to install the update. Click 'Yes'.

Tim

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Hi Tim,

cheers for that - the software install has worked and I'm now beta testing what information it now generates/makes available to me.

I note you've taken onboard my reference to the netbook upgrade offer - I've posed a Q to BT support on the upgrade and have received a response from DABS; asking me for BT account information! I assume DABS are the drop-ship supplier on behalf of BT for the netbook; can you confirm as, whilst DAB's are a reputable supplier and I am a customer of theirs, it's somewhat unusual to pose a question to BT sales and get a reply from a non-BT organisation!!

Cheers,

Steve

Naishy
Power User

Steve,

Good to hear that Usage Reporting is working for you. It's likely that this will be enabled by default in future versions of BT Access Manager.

BT purchased Dabs.com in April 2006 and since then have replaced the BT Shop with a BT branded version of Dabs.com for consumers and created BT Business Direct for businesss customers. For the foreseeable future I think Dabs.com is going to continue as a seperate brand, however they are all the same company, which is part of BT.

I'm therefore not suprised that you were contacted by Dabs, as they manage the sale of things like the netbooks in BT, but I would of expected them to be using the BT Business Direct branding. I'll raise it with them.

Tim