cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband and BT Sport

dhalijet

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the BT Sport package states that if you have BT Broadband, then the subscription for the first year of BT Sport is free. 

When I try and sign up, it seems to think that being a  BT Business customer doesn't fulfill the criterion for the freebie.

Does anyone know anything about this ? 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57

spyhill

I have just registered to have BT sport but have had to pay as we are a BT business broadband customer. The reason for this was to get prompt service when we have problems -we still have problems despite this. We are 2 private individuals living in a house. Why can we not get the service free?

EdJohnston

This may not be the most popular post on this subject but previous ones have got the rant and frustration well and truly aired, so...

OK BT have invested to get lots of residents to sign up to Broadband by offering free sports.

But it seems we (home office BT Business users) are being penalised; we are required to get a Sky service then pay or a residential BT service in addition to what we currently use in our home office.

My challenge to BT: Please provide a simple, low cost point of entry for us BT Business users to use BT TV services at a sensible monthly cost using our existing exquipment and contract.

allpnr

All of the previous post apply to my situation, and as an extra kick in the teeth I only get 0.5Mbps (when it works at all) and they seem to think they're providing me with a good service.

Well, I am cancelling, together with my ACTUAL business broadband package , all of my company's ISDN lines and calls. That's a loss of business to BT in excess of £2K pa.

I am willing to bet they don't even question why.

JamesS

I also bought Business Broadband for my property - purely because I needed a static IP address. I will ring BT today and give them the option of changing the issue of BT sport for myself. If they dont , I will change my provider at the earliest opportunity. They wont be bothered about that. But they will be bothered in November and December when the BT contracts for my two companies  expires and I dump BT from them. It may actually cost me more to move them...But frankly I cant accept being treated like this.

mikeinfected

and now (on our new bills)...£6 per month for the pleasure of them sending the bill and £3 if you can't (after all we are running businesses with uncertain payment dates and cashflow considerations and who wants a £60 fee from their bank over somethign they have little control ?) set up a direct debit. When you don't get the horrendous forwarding webpage when you haven't paid your bill in nine days, that stops any work you're doing and takes fifteen minutes to even answer one question (presumably they slow down internet at this time or it's the most memory hungry page in the Western world). 

Let's be honest folks the once great BT business service, that we pay extra for as we don't want to feel chapeened by hidden charges and can be reassured by, really doesn't exist any more. It gets worse every month (for the last two years in fact).

Ironic really when their thousands and thousands of BT Sport ads want people to come back and as a freebie for their loyal customers. Just think the cost of those ads probably far outweighs any of these new charges that will annoy people so much they want to leave.

Hey ho their decision I suppose, after twenty odd years of having BT for internet and phone I've just had enough of the greed, especially when you hear of the near record profits.

SueH

Folks - really helpful info.  I am appalled that you cannot get BT Sport on a BT Business Broadband (which is in my home office for  my business with a seprate phone line to the rest of the house).   It is the same with the btinternet.com address - it can only be assigned to a BT home broadband or pay a monthly fee.   I have had that email address for years and had it when I was going through failed attempts to get broadband on my home phoneline which they have finally accepted that I cannot have since it is still an old DAKS line and they will not update it unless I pay to have it updated. 

Actually it is just a money making thing on their part and am happy to send emails of complaint if needed

vantage

For a country of entrepreneurs typically starting out from home, it's about time BT stepped up to the plate and rewarded us for trying to get UK Ltd back on it's feet. Allowing us little acorns to watch a bit of sport of an evening for free is a small cost to large oak like BT who've already made it but it's a high price for BT to pay through lost business when those acorns grow into similarly large oaks.

People don't forget these sorts of things and you're simply underdoing the good work you've done to support home business users over the years. Damaging your relationships with embyonic businesses in this way will come back and bite you. 

Come on BT.. just do the right thing here and stop messing us about. We work hard during the day, let us kick back in the evening watching some BT Sport and who knows we might even raise a glass to you for supporting us with that!!

alanc

I'm also fairly disgusted at this. I even asked for availability of BT Sport to be confirmed (explaining that the line wa shared between business and home) in a support "chat" session before signing up. It was confirmed, but unfortunately I didn't save a copy of the chat.

Not a promising start when returning to BT after a break of a number of years.

michaellord

We wanted to take advantage of the free BT Sport offer for BT Brodband users.  We went for Business Brodband at HOME as it gave us performance, unlimited download and better support. Going for a better quality of service at home now means we are penalised by BT as we cannot get BT Sport for free. It is not a commercial address it is a residential flat.

I think it is a pretty poor way to treat customers.

A complete rip off.

BT need to re-think how they treat their customers.

michaellord

If all of us logged a complaint at BBC Watchdog we might get some momentum.