cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Click

HappyLaura

I have a BT Click account that was set up in about 2002. It won't go away. I've long since stopped using it and asked BT to delete it.

I tried phoning, but no-one seemed to know what to do.

Then I put it in writing. That letter was ignored.

I wrote again, this time making my purpose quite clear.

Rather than delete it, they tell me I have to send a message from a DNSsomething.com website and using the name that I went by at the time. Of course, I can't use that name now and in any case, BT should have updated my name on their records when I changed my name, but they didn't. They just ignored it like they did with the first letter that I wrote.

They say it's in the terms of service that I need to send them a message using the website.

So I'd like to see the terms of service that apply to BT Click, wherever they happen to be.

--

You are stuck in a BT website full of lots of twisty passages, all the same. 😉
3 REPLIES 3

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

Do you mean that you have an @btclick.com email address?

If you do then it's now an @btconnect.com email address.  The btclick.com server used to be used for business, but was retired several years ago.  It pretty much only exists now as an alias of @btconnect.com.

If you like you can send an email to support@btbroadbandoffice.com with full details, and they'll be able to try and clarify what the situation is.

Cheers.

Dave A

HappyLaura

Hi OldWolf

The email address [fredbloggs]@btconnect.com has indeed replaced [fredbloggs]@btclick for sending and receiving email.

However, the login ID is the old email address of [fredbloggs]@btclick.com

Here's the story:

I used to be known as Fred Bloggs (for the sake of argument - I can't reveal my true old name for legal reasons - someone in BT will probably be busted for breach of the Gender Recognition Act 2004, Section 22 which pertains to disclosure of protected information).

Some years ago, I started a gender transition from male to female and change my name to Laura (obviously not my real name for same reasons as stated above.)

BT updated my landline account details accordingly but did not update my BT Click details. That's in keeping with BT's slack approach to data protection. I've had something more recent where old data has come back to haunt me.

I was granted a gender recognition certificate in 2004. What this does in effect is place my old identity in a very secret dustbin where only the spooks can see it. Since BT couldn't be bothered to keep up with the proceedings, there's still my old data on their system linked to my new identity.

For what it's worth, HMRC keep my tax records in a little known office that only deals with people like me so my data doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Here's BT giving me the runaround and telling me I've got to contact them in my old name online to get rid of this old account. It's sickening. My old name makes me physically ill. I couldn't do it if I tried. I've had people threatened with six months in clink for using my old name at me. The police do take this sort of thing seriously.

In any case, I can't use my old name because of the terms of my deed poll. It would be unlawful. BT are insisting it's part of a contract that I have to use my old name. Well contracts can't be written to overrule the law.

I hope you're paying attention BT.

I want all my old data off your system before the News of the Screws find it.

HappyLaura

You are stuck in a BT website full of lots of twisty passages, all the same. 😉

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Can you please Private Mail me with the information you need updating and i can pass this to the Business Order Management team to look into for you.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.