cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Connect IMAP email settings?

Morfan
I have a BT Connect email address and want to use IMAP configuration to ensure emails deleted on my iPad are also deleted on the email server. This does not happen with the current POP / SMTP settings. BT Connect emails are delivered using Microsoft Office 365, after a change last year.

After 4 calls to BT helpdesks being given configurations for BT Internet / Outlook configurations etc, I was eventually given these settings but I just can NOT get them to work:
Incoming: imap4.btconnect.com, No SSL, Port 143
Outgoing: imap.btconnect.com, No SSL, Port 587

I spent an hour in the local Apple shop with one of their experts trying to configure my email account with IMAP - and Exchange - on my own iPad and a shop iPad and a MacBook laptop: all without success.

I tried a post on BT Residential Broadband Community forum and was given these settings which did not work to set up an IMAP account either:
Incoming: outlook.office365.com, SSL, Port 995
Outgoing: smtp.office365.com, SSL, Port 587

Does BT Connect actually support IMAP at all?
Surely I am not the only person with a BT Connect email address and an iPad wanting IMAP?
Please can a BT email expert advise?
13 REPLIES 13

CMGR

I had a feeling that would be the answer. It is so disappointing and frustrating.

it is ridiculous that BT customer service by phone is so useless that the only way people can get theri problems solved (or not) is by resorting to this forum.

After several years of a "new" web design, the old one still lurks behind with its broken links taking people round and round in circles and never giving a definitive answer.

Thank you for your help anyway.

customersfirst

The refusal to upgrade btconnect emails to IMAP is simply a short sighted commercial decision aimed at forcing business users to buy into a premium package.  Unfortunately I like many others acquired this email address many years ago so don't want to change but now own a desktop, an IPad and run email on my phone so I need IMAP.  I have therefore set up a redirect to a Btinternet email address that is free of charge to domestic customers simply to get round your commercially inflicted problem.  It is cumbersome to operate and I regularly get messages rejected in the transfer because of "Policy reasons" so all in all it is a complete pain.  IN SHORT BT START PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMERS BEFORE YOUR PROFIT AND GIVE YOUR LOYAL LONG TERM CUSTOMERS THE IMAP SERVICE YOU ARE PREARED TO GIVE FREE OF CHARGE TO EVERYONE ELSE!

Zelcran
What is the current position with this. Do BT still not have IMAP settings for btconnect emails?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi All,

At the moment all @btcopnnect.com email addresses are POP only accounts, there is no plan in the pipeline to change this.

Markp