cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility line forwarding/divert when no aux present

port27374
Hello folks,

I am working on an BT versatility system, have 4x V8 featurephone handsets and 2x CO lines (one of which had an AUX in the past) and everything is working OK, however, the customer has changed from BT to another company for their phone service, in doing so they have lost the aux line of the main number, now they only have one CO line for their main number and a separate line which they use for ADSL broadband (Whic is still with BT on an 2700 router)... Im not sure at this stage if the new company (O2) can supply them with an aux on the main line, however, for the moment is their a way in which I can 'trip' the main line to the broadband line on busy... If i understand correctly, this will not happen automatically since i am not dealing with ISDN or AUX lines... is it possible through the Versatility to set up an auto divert or forward, if as busy tone is recieved on the main line?... i understand this may be a chargeable divert but thats not a problem for the moment.
So just to confirm, normally when you ring the companies main number, you recieve an AA, if you select an option and an employee answers the phone all is well, however, if a second person tries to call the main number, the willl recieve a busy tone...
I have checked over the wiring, and what BT engineers have done is they have setup two NTE5 sockets, on one of them it says the main company number line1, and on the second box they have written the main number with "line2" on it, which i assume was the orignal AUX line, however, upon closer inspection i notice that this box is actually hooked directly to another adject box which is a BB line and is basically not being used for anything except BB, so am i right in assuming they have somehow diverted LINE1 (Which is the main number) to the BB number on busy?... if so, how can i reprogram the system to do this?...

Secondly, The customer is using Auto Attendant at the moment, however, for some reason incoming calls will flash red on line 1 LED but no sound can be heard on the handsets... but on internal calls ringing can be heard, also, if i set the incoming ringing option in the menu to Extension or Group then the phone will ring audibly. Any ideas how to get around this one?....

Many thanks
Adam

3 REPLIES 3

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I'm sorry no one on the forum has been able to help with this query.

If you have a maintenance contract for BT Versatility you can get help from their online support. If you don't have a contract you can sign up for one here.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

slartybartfast
i am also not too familier with Versatility, but if you have lost the aux line then you will not be able to transfer calls on line 1 to the BB line, this will be a completely different number, as you only have 1 line then thats all you can use on that number. there is a way to get the BB number, connect to it get dial tone then dial 17070 this will tell u what number the BB is.you should be able to connect that line to the versatility box and have have 2 working lines but with 2 different numbers, calls to lines 1 getting busy tone will not trip to line 2(aux ) as it is has been ceased. you should talk to O2 and check if they can supply an aux line to you taggeed to line 1's number, i dont see why not...then all should work as before i hope this helps a bit,, btw i have some manuals if they could be of use to you...

Jade2011

We have just moved and have installed the system in the new building. We had the lines connected to the correct specification and have a problem with line 2 and 3 we have 4 incoming lines and can only get two lines on line 1 and 2, 3 and 4 do not have any dailing tone on them. what should I do? Bt have checked the line and there was a problem but they have fixed it but the problem remains the same.

everything is installed correctly. when people call in there are aonly 2 lines working on the system. HELP

Thanks

Brett