cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager + BT Business hub

awdansey

My brand new BT Business Hub would not connect to broadband so I am now using BT Voyager successfully. However I would like to "piggy back" the  business hub to allow wireless connection. How do I do this so that the wireless connected PC can us the working Voyager internet connection rather than trying to use the Business Hub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dave
Guru

This works with most routers, although I can't guarantee it will definitely work with the Business Hub:

Turn off the DHCP server on the Business hub, and set its LAN IP address so it is in the same range as the Voyager but with a different IP address - eg if Voyager has IP address of 192.168.1.1, give Hub ip address of 192.168.1.2

Run an ethernet cable from the Voyager's LAN port to one of the LAN ports of the Hub.

Any wired PCs would also need to plug into the Hub ports.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dave
Guru

This works with most routers, although I can't guarantee it will definitely work with the Business Hub:

Turn off the DHCP server on the Business hub, and set its LAN IP address so it is in the same range as the Voyager but with a different IP address - eg if Voyager has IP address of 192.168.1.1, give Hub ip address of 192.168.1.2

Run an ethernet cable from the Voyager's LAN port to one of the LAN ports of the Hub.

Any wired PCs would also need to plug into the Hub ports.

awdansey

Thanks, That has done the trick