cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet won't work (Disconnexted by user) Help Please!

Shaun020

Hi, my internet went off about 6:30, it does it every so often, and a simple home hub restart usually does the trick.

However, this is taking the pee now. I'm using somebody elses unsecure network, in order to try and get some help...

The Broadband, and Wireless lights are on, on my home hub. However, the Internet one is not.

Everytime I open the Hub Manager, it says "Your Broadband line is disconnected" and when I click connect, it just says:

"Disconnected by user"

I haven't found much when searching on Google, however I came across something about username authentication problems, which I tried, and it still did'nt work.

I tried a resetting to factory default settings, but it's still the same.

"Connection could not be established: Disconnected by user"

Test Results:

DSL - Ticked

ATM - Could not send loopback cell

PPP - Your connection is currently down

My phone line works...

I'm completely stumped, anybody got ant ideas?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

dave
Guru

I'm pretty sure that there is some massive outage at the moment. The 2 lines in the office that we use for testing stuff were doing the same thing (yes, even BT offices get affected by outages) and my home connection is also doing this.

The outage was unconfirmed when I left, but all the signs are there. I am pretty sure that loads of people will be experiencing this and they will be working to resolve it.

lizziekillin

our internet has been down since abut 18:30 too. but there is no way to report it on line, and the mentioned outages dont cover our area.

taking that most people will be connecting via a slow mobile connection when broadband is down, the route to get even the status is horrendous. 

Come on BT make life a wee bit easier for your customers - put the status on the home page and give a simple way of people registering a problem.

Alun
Master User

Hi there,

Are you still having problems with your internet connections or are they now back up and running?

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Alun
Master User

Hi,

As there has not been anything further to this I am assuming that the issue was related to the Outage. Consequently I will close off this thread. If you do have further issues please post on the forum and we will try and assist if we can.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.