cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

BBUser

OK: let’s have a moan about speed issues. 1.8 km from the exchange 20 meg package average speed between 10 and 11 meg.

BT have visited the premises and conducted extensive tests on the line to which there engineer said the line was perfect, at 1.8 km i would expect to be receiving at least 15 to 16 med download speed not 10 to 11 meg .

Now i like BT may be on my own on this but i do like them this is based on the principle that if you phone them enough times you will eventually end up speaking to someone who knows what they are talking about .

A few years ago we played a little game when our broadband contract cane to an end we went to another supplier and used the right to cancel clause to get out of the contract but here’s my point they had very little problem in delivering there quoted speed. Now same phone line same location and bad speed the only thing left is the equipment in the exchange, perhaps the engineer who ran the jumpers to the dslam tied a knot in them, how many of us have to moan or even switch to other suppliers before BT realise that there are a section of their customers who are just not happy.

This is business broadband hope home users get a better deal

BB user

2 REPLIES 2

mattspchelp

Hey BBuser

Hey BBuser

I understand what you mean but if another provider can give you the 20mb speed and bt cant, simply tells you that your being traffic shaped in someway or the contention on the line is alot higher than through your other supplier , i dont think they will do much until more users join the exchange for broadband before they can lessen the contention rate.

Hey BBuser

I understand what you mean but if another provider can give you the 20mb speed and bt cant, simply tells you that your being traffic shaped in someway or the contention on the line is alot higher than through your other supplier , i dont think they will do much until more users join the exchange for broadband before they can lessen the contention rate.

Regards

Hey BBuser

Regards

Matt

Tracey
Guru

Hi BBuser,

Sorry to read about the problems that you are having with the slow speeds.

Have you spoken to our Technical Team in regards to the speed issue?

Thanks

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.