cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential-Business Broadband nightmare

gbromham

My company arranged for my residential broadband to be transferred to BT Business Broadband back in July 2010.  At the time my Residential Broadband (on a BT business line paid for by my company) was with BTYahoo.  The Residential-Business Sales Team said they would deal with the whole process - ie they would cancel my residential broadband through BTYahoo and establish my Business Broadband.

Guess what!  Business Broadband was set up and the company is being billed monthly for this, whilst at the same time BTYahoo continue to charge my corporate VISA for 'residential' broadband.  Despite at least 6 telephone calls (nightmare experience in the first place!) and a letter to the Durham billing centre, the matter is not resolved and my VISA card was charged again in November for BTYahoo residential broadband.  I am absolutely disillusion and underwhelmed with the appalling level of service from BT.  For instance today, I (eventually) go through to someone who said he would resolve the matter while I held on the line - he tried to contact the BTYahoo team and needless to say, my call got cut off - this after an hour of trying to find someone who could help!  What is going on in this organisation - I have never come across such unprofessionalism. 

11 REPLIES 11

Tracey
Guru

Hi gbromham,

I am afraid we can not view the Residential teams accounts. What I would suggest is if you were to post the Residential Forum, they may be able to offer some advice on who would be the best department to speak to in regards to this.

Hope this helps

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

twbm

Guess that about sums it up for you: 'Not my problem.'  

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

OP: try this: search on BT Code of Practice; some extracts below - (go-on then Mods; delete information quotes direct from your sites!!)

Code of practice for residential customers and small businesses

Kevin Lendor, Compliance Operations Manager of BT Group, is responsible for making sure that we keep to this code. If you’d like to comment on the code, or our complaints procedure, please email Kevin at compliance@bt.com. Or you can write to Kevin at:
BT Compliance
PO Box 67531
London
EC1P 1RP

Kevin Lendor, Compliance Operations Manager of BT Group, is responsible for making sure that we keep to this code. If you’d like to comment on the code, or our complaints procedure, please email Kevin at compliance@bt.com. Or you can write to Kevin at:BT CompliancePO Box 67531LondonEC1P 1RP

By phone

If you’re a residential customer and your complaint is about sales, a bill or general matters, call us on 0800 800 150 between 8am and 9pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm on Saturdays or 9am and 6pm on Sundays (this call is free from your landline).

If your complaint is about repairing a fault, please call 0800 800 151 (this call is free from your landline). This line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our customer service advisers will try to solve the problem while you’re still on the line.

If you’re a business customer and your complaint is about sales or services, please call us on 0800 800 152 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday (this call is free from your landline). If your complaint is about a bill, please call us on 0845 600 6156 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday or 8am and 1pm on Saturdays.

If your complaint is about repairing a fault, please phone 0800 800 154 (this call is free from your landline). This line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our customer service advisers will try to solve the problem while you’re still on the line.

If you’d like to complain about a BT payphone, please call us on 0800 661 610 (this call is free from your landline).

By letter

If you prefer to write, please send your letter to the appropriate address below. Make sure you include the account number and telephone number of the service you’re complaining about.

If you’re a residential customer, write to:

Customer Service Manager

BT Customer Correspondence Centre

Providence Row

Durham

DH98 1BT

If you’re a business customer, write to:

Customer Service Manager

BT Business Accounts

Providence Row

Durham

DH98 1BT

We’ll normally get back to you by phone but will gladly confirm any particular points in writing, if you prefer.

adamlimelight

I'm in the same boat.  I started up a small business in June with two working directors, and wanted to setup an email exchange server so i decided it would be easy to convert my resi package for phone and BB to business and opt for a Static IP address.

Since June, when i requested converting to a Business package, I have been paying bills for my previous residential phone and BB, whilst footing the bill for the new business package......After a very long and painful call to India, i was swapped between two operators who did not know what to do with me, and I think they realised the problem but gullible as I was I thought it would soon all be sorted so did not keep a record of the reference number.

I then chased up when I hadn't heard from anyone at BT for a month, and eventually got through to someone called "Rupert" in India said he had also discovered the problem and said it would be rectifed asap, although it could take up to 10 days.  A week later i received a "Sorry you're leaving BT" letter but as it was for the residential account (Which i was still paying for!) i assumed this was part of the process and let it be.  Now we come to the date of the residential cut-off and lo and behold my existing broadband service has been cut-off...Which means no internet, no emails for me or my staff and a ton of hassle emailing all my clients via my iPhone, explaining to them the situation.  This is going to cost us about £200 for every week that we dont have Broadband.

Yes, 'not my problem' sums it up perfectly really.  EVERY time i have tried to sort this out, I have been transferred from Residential accounts to business accounts, customer service to technical support etc etc etc.   It seems BT is totally geared towards taking your hard-earned money but not commited to helping customers who are having problems.  It's not my fault, it's your shoddy service and I should not have to chase you down every day to find out whats going on. 

And to top it all off I came home today and there is a nice bill for £105 for the business broadband waiting for me!

You couldn't make it up really could you?

Ok so if anyone from BT wants to help, my account number for the resi package is/was LN **** **** and the account number for the Business package is WM********.  I also have LN **** **** on one of the bills.

a-hill
Grand Master

adam I wouldn't post your personal account numbers on a public forum

Alun
Master User

Hi Adam,

This does sound like an awful experience. Just to confirm - you moved from Residential to Business, were paying for both for a while and when getting the Rediential account cancelled it stopped your business service? Have you raised a fault case with BT Business Broadband? Can you PM me all details and reference numbers if you have? Thank you.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

megperkins

Thanks for sharing these toll free numbers. Yes, I believe that toll free numbers are only free to dial using a land line.

Jonesthemilk

Have a similar problem

Want to transfer my BT business account from Pompey to Swindon.

There is a 'stopped' residential BT line at the premises in Swindon.

BT residential will re-enable within 1 working day at no charge but BT Business want to send an engineer and charge £99 + VAT for the privilege. To add insult to injury I will also have to travell to Swindon to meet said Engineer, hoping like hell that he actually turns up at the place.

Also during the previous install in Pompey BT Business charged £176 setup and connection fee for a line which only had to be removed from one BT end-point box and placed into a new one.

Fought like mad over this and got the refund in the end.............

BT won't be getting any more of my business that's for sure

Tracey
Guru

Hi Jonesthemilk,

Sorry to read about the issues that you are having with your account.

If you read about our Connection Charges, this will explain as to why these charges are applied.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.