cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set a specific Broadband network IP address?

BallingerJamie

Hi all,

I want to be able to have the same public IP address I recently used (86.xxx.xx.xx).

When I go into the BT HH Manager and Disconnect then Reconnect the internet it gives me a new public IP.

The last 5 I was given are ; 86.147.126.98, 86.145.154.183, 86.145.129.79, 86.145.132.182, 86.145.130.116.

It's probably impossible for me to get the same IP by Disconnecting then Reconnecting my internet.

Is there any way I can force the Hub to give me the IP I want (as long as it isn't already in use)?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2

MHC
Guru

No, you cannot force the IP address - they are dynamic and you will be allocated the next in the stack.

However,  if you request a STATIC IP address as part of your package then you will be allocated an address and it will never change.

But, I notice you are using a Home Hub - whether or ot residential customers can get a static IP address, I do not know and you will need to call the BT orders/sales team to find out.

Stephenc
Master User

Hi there,

Static ip addresses are not provided by BT residential, you can request one from BT business at £5 per month.  As long as the home hub you are using is version 2 or above I believe this is compatible with business lines.

Thanks,

Steve