cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive email on iPhone with new Office 365 settings

richardsdavison

Following the upgrade to Microsoft Office 365 I setup my iPhone email accounts with the new "outlook.com" settings as per the instructions. The message "pop.outlook.com is not responding" comes back every time. I've double checked the settings against the instructions and they are OK but while I can send emails I cannot receive any. I'm with Orange if it makes any difference.

16 REPLIES 16

klauzser
Power User

Have you tried using different email clients on your iPhone?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi richardsdavison,

If you go to the thread "What are the correct SMTP settings for Outlook?"

These are the correct server settings for using our new email servers with office 365.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

richardsdavison

gmail, aol, yahoo and hotmail all work OK. It's just my btconnect addresses and only since the upgrade to 365. On the old platform I could send and receive.

richardsdavison

Outlook is setup and working on my office PC. It's the settings on my iPhone that are not working. "pop.outlook.com" is not resonding so I cannot receive emails. I have checked the setiings a dozen times and they are correct. Is this an issue with Orange?

Foxy2012

Hi Richard, did you sort this out? We were transferred last Friday, are with brconnect and can't receive e-mails on the iphones, no problems at all with our computers. Have tried the helpline who gave up on us, and even a paid one but they just blame our phones. I'm amazed that you had the problem a month ago but they are still giving the same incorrect info. It seems 'they' have washed their hands of us. Yes, we can also send but not receive. Grrr....

Buck21

I had the same problem with BT switching over to Outlook 365.  Found the answer was to delete all old mail settings and start again using the "how do I connecty my BT Business email to my iPhone" instructions.  It took ages, but I finally got there.

nayan007
Super User

Hi Buck21,

Did your problem got resolved,if still persisting problem then please post here.

jpcs

I've set my iphone 3GS up as described above and it passes all of the checks etc in setup then initially seems to work but all I get are "this message has no content". The emails are coming through fine though on my PC using Oulook 2010 but the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses are different as are the port numbers.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as would knowing I'm not alone with this issue!

Thanks

John

andyr

I have the same issue as John , i also have the 3 GS and cannot get email to work on my iphone, works fine on my pc though