cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive email on iPhone with new Office 365 settings

richardsdavison

Following the upgrade to Microsoft Office 365 I setup my iPhone email accounts with the new "outlook.com" settings as per the instructions. The message "pop.outlook.com is not responding" comes back every time. I've double checked the settings against the instructions and they are OK but while I can send emails I cannot receive any. I'm with Orange if it makes any difference.

16 REPLIES 16

normal9648

I was "lucky" enough to be upgraded yesterday (29/05) and my exchange server stopped dead in the water (no SSL so BT doesn't support it).

I got round it in outlook (and, I suggest, any other pop3 connector) by logging onto the webmail (login.microsoftonline.com - email address / password) then using "options all" to look at the email settings report.

I found out that just putting pop.outlook.com doesn't work as (in my case) the actual address was pod51014.outlook.com. smtp.outlook.com seems to work but again the report says pod51014.outlook.com.

I do mean POD not POP in the address.

styx

daempii
It has been a few months and just wondering if you were able to fix this problem?

GPontet

BT are completely unprepared for the effect Outlook 365 has had on iOS devices.

Continuously referring customers to the settings on your website is pointless, they do not work and pointing customers in the direction of Apple as I was this morning is an abdication of your responsibility to your business customers who prior to your interuption to our service were doing fine.

Take ownershipof the problem, liaise with Apple and give customers the correct information or revert back to Outlook pre 365.

Also non of your operators are prepared for calls regarding Outlook 365 and are directing customers all over the shop.

Instead of being out working I'm spending the morning trying to resolve these problems. I would love to charge BT for my time or deduct it from my bill. Very typically BT's disregard for their customers.

funewayzz

the server setting varies depending upon your region  follwing is the link to some handful information about 365 try this

http://funbird.co.uk/blog/tech-articals/important-urls-for-microsoft-online-services-office-365/

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Guys

I am sorry that there have been issues with IOS working with the new 365 system,  i also understand that SBS2003 has trouble sending through the new system as it requires one login for all accounts and 365 requires 1 login per account.

For the Iphone issues click here 
this is a set up walkthrough i did when i was fairly new to the forums it contains screenshots i believe were from an IOS 4 device.

I work on the Livechat desk and can assure you that these do work, i have set up a large number of smartphones to recieve email.  

If that does not work for you please contact the livechat desk here

We spend a bit more time on mobiles and have quite a bit of experience setting these up

For the SBS2003 issues those are a bit more complicated 

The official fix for this is to get you a static IP then have reverse DNS set up, article here, and have you set SBS2003 to work as its own outgoing server.

There are work arounds and fixes for this but these are all short term.  This is the only way i know to truly fix the outgoing issue.

As for the POD servers mentioned by Normal

The 365 server pop.outlook.com consists of tons of these POD servers,  by connecting to pop.outlook.com you are ensuring that should a single pod server go down you still have others to work through.

If you connect to a specific POD and that goes down so does your outlook email access.

My suggestion is to either contact us so we can help with set up or look of the support pages for step by step setup instructions.

Thanks 

kafarquharson

We have an iPhone 3GS on a Vodafone PAYG account. Outgoing email works, but having got your settings, it does not work for email inbound. On Vodafone I have changed data service to pp.vodafone.co.uk.

How can I get incoming email working.

Thank you

Kevin