cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP stops issuing IP addresses to wireless devices on Business Hub 3.

btcfdp

I have repeatedly experienced problems whereby the Business Hub stops issueing IP addresses after around 6 weeks of installation to wireless devices.  I have experianed this on 2 Business Hub 3's, a Business Hub 2 and also a Home Hub 4. The wireless devices recognise the Hubs SSID but no IP address is issued to the devices. Switching off then on the power supply to the Hub does not resolve these issues.

The hub is used in a small business where there are 4 wired Desktops and, on average, about 12 wireless devices.

The IP range is set to 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.250.  The Hub is connected to an BT Infinity modem.

1 REPLY 1

patbean
Hi, have you had any luck with this? I have the same issue. The hub 3 in our pub/bar it's DHCP table fills after a few weeks and I then need to do a factory reset. But with hundreds off users it soon fills again. It is as if the DHCP is not dynamic and no slots are 'ever' freeded up. You would think a power cycle would fix it but it looks to be stored in flash.. Who designs this rubbish? Any help you can offer would be most welcome. Thanks.