cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading New Apple OS from App Store

axlpartners

I have been trying to download Mountain Lion 10.8.5 from the Apple App Store and it hangs consistently after 154MB on 2 different computers. Apple are working on the issue and think that it may be associated with my router (details below). Has anyone come across this issue? Other Apps download fine.

Thanks

Model:2701HGV-C
Hardware Version:2701-100630-009
Firmware Version:6.3.9.63-plus.tm
6 REPLIES 6

markp
Grand Guru

Hi axlpartners,

With the 2701, there is a fault in the firmware that prevents you from downloading Mountain Lion, if you contact the helpdesk, they will be able to get a new hub sent out to you.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

axlpartners

Thanks, I contacted the helpdesk and all the gave me was a complex workaround that involved putting the 2701 into bridged mode, making the download and then resetting the device. I bave been unable to repeat the workaround as it was too complex for my abilities! I will get back to them and request a new hub,

Paulo

Generally the Business Hub 2701 C is getting a lot of flak here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5468917?start=30&tstart=0

I am not sure if the issues are Hub related or more likely a BT issue.

I am on a BT Business Hub and can not download the Mavericks OS on either of my Macs.  I don't even get a progress bar so I have no way of knowing if I get to the 995Mb barrier.    I think it might be easier to visit my in-Laws and download there!

axlpartners

As I have a number of Macs, the BT folks kindly agreed to send me a new hub and all works fine now. If you have only 1 Mac then they ask you to use the workaround to bridge the hub.

protar

This was not the case exactly while I was downloading the app, I was trying to download the app from and via the same router but different model and resetting somehow managed to solve my issue and now am successfully using the app.

imtomalex

I have faced some problem with my iPhone. It hangs consistently when I download an app from the app store.