cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle 750 manual instruction to deregister a handset..didn't work??

KB

Having followed the instruction (on page 54 in the manual) to the letter, to try and integrate another recently working base with its additional single handset, to my existing (working perfectly) freestyle 750 set up, (a base with two extentions), but neither unit would deregister?

As instructed I used the "default password 0000".. but the end result was that neither hand set would de-register??..in fact shown as "not possible" on the readouts.

These extra units were previously used by a neighbour, now sadly deceased, and it occurs to me that he may just have used a different password than the default "0000" and so this might be the reason for the "failure"? Is there any other way I can get the phones to comply if that was the case?

NB. All the AAA batteries were recharged prior to all my attempts to add on these extra sets..So I am at a loss as to what to do..Can anyone help please? As an O.A.P I am very loath to get involved with the BT telephone help line, as I see it is about 60p a minute. Plus that fact that I wouldn't be able to speedily deal with given verbal instruction over a phone line.

Hope someone can help..Many thanks in advance,

KB

1 REPLY 1

Ian1974

Hi KB,

Sorry to hear of these issues.

You can reset the phone by carrying out the following, however any contacts stored may be lost.

Page 36 system, reset.

Kind Regards,
Ian - F -

Press .