cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Firewall Rule For Specific External IP

premierhw

Hi.

I am trying to allow printing to an internal printer from an external IP address.

I can forward port 9100 to the printer IP and print from anywhere no problem but of course this is allowing any external IP to print.

Is there any way to configure the firewall with specific rules for external IP addresses? I only want to allow printing from 1 single external IP and no others. I have looked about but cant see anything obvious.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

a-hill
Grand Master

Telnet access is disabled by default to these routers, but no it's not possible to restrict port access to a specific IP. We supply another router that can do this, the Voyager 220v, but unfortunately that router only has a single ethernet port and no wireless on it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

a-hill
Grand Master

Unfortunately this feature isn't available on the Business Hub.

premierhw

Really? Not even through command line using telnet etc? If not, thats pretty poor for a supposedly business class router.

a-hill
Grand Master

Telnet access is disabled by default to these routers, but no it's not possible to restrict port access to a specific IP. We supply another router that can do this, the Voyager 220v, but unfortunately that router only has a single ethernet port and no wireless on it.

premierhw

Ok thanks for your reply. Guess I will need to invest in another router or firewall.