cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you use Content Screening please read this.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi all,

As part of the question about Content Screening I need to find out the make and model of the router you're using it on.

If you could also include the firmware version, which you can find on the router summary page, then that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

26 REPLIES 26

latticelodge

Mod note:  The first three lines will do.  🙂

System Information

Model: BT2700HGV
Hardware Version: 2701-100589-005
Firmware Version:

6.3.9.63-plus.tm

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Just in case there's any sensitive info, just post the first three lines from the router summary, like I've changed the above post to, as it's all I need.

Dave.

iptables101
Power User

Hi. I'm not sure but is there an updated version than that? 

bombinho
Super User

http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/Content-Screening-problems/td-p/43444/page/2

should be the link to one of my previous posts containing the required information.

I am not sure if this question makes me happy as it tastes a bit of targeted elimination

of the few remaining unbroken. But maybe I am wrong and it is just to make sure that those

still using it can keep using it without future problems similar to the experienced ones.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

My lord you're a cynical one.

To be honest we think we know which routers should have it, but we just want to check.

Dave

whiller123
Super User

@DaveA

Hi Mr A

I have a mixture of both listed below 7 in total all with the same firmware (which I believe to be the latest but stand to be corrected) all working!

I have a pile of unused ones in my office which I am sure will have older firmware I will try an older version on Monday & let you know.

Regards

Rob

Model:BT2700HGV
Hardware Version:2701-100589-005
Firmware Version:6.3.9.63-plus.tm

Model:

2701HGV-C
Hardware Version:2701-100630-008
Firmware Version:

6.3.9.63-plus.tm

whiller123
Super User

@DaveA

Found this new one in the car No content screening in the menu.

It did however as it was pre configured with username & password connect to Bt broadband down this TalkTalk line with TalkTalk broadband on it????

Rob

Model:2701HGV-C
Hardware Version:2701-100630-008
Firmware Version:6.3.9.41-plus.tm

bombinho
Super User

Sorry. Just as you already mentioned you do the updates via external access anyway.

So I could only see one reason for the question. That the routers in question do not

respond "perfectly". So there is manual "correction" needed.

Why would one want to correct something working then? You see where I am coming from?

But I do get updates to my fimware and there appears to be frequent external access

to the firmware anyway. I am just not 100% sure if that is fully authorised or not?

And despite the access there is no notification in the firmware version.

By the way the content screening system worked unusual quick after being repaired.

But it slowly drifts back to normal.

whiller123
Super User

@bombinho

Hi again

All my content screening is working perfectly as far as I am aware unless it has failed again overnight, are you having difficulties again with yours?

The firmware is updated overnight by Bt I think & all the hub's I have out on site are running

6.3.9.63-plus.tm Firmware Version

One of my clients has stuck with the free open DNS screening he likes the fact that we can customise the message on the blocked screen.

Rob