cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image protection to protect printing or downloading

Artist

I am an artist and so need to upload images of my artwork - imagine my surprise when I could not only print them but also download them.

How do I protect them so people can not do this - is this the same with the photo album?

Frustrated Artist

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dave
Guru

I think the way people ususally do this is with a bit of Javascript which disables the right click function of the mouse. But this is not infallable and will not stop anyone who knows slightly more than your average user.

It is not possible to do this with the EasySiteWizard Pro or the Photoalbum as they will not support the insertion of the required script to do thi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dave
Guru

I think the way people ususally do this is with a bit of Javascript which disables the right click function of the mouse. But this is not infallable and will not stop anyone who knows slightly more than your average user.

It is not possible to do this with the EasySiteWizard Pro or the Photoalbum as they will not support the insertion of the required script to do thi

alastair
Grand Guru
You could also add a "watermark" as further security because even if you cant download you can print screen and paste it in paint etc
=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

Artist
if it is  a simple case of java script then why is it not provided in the tool - ignoring that fact would it not be useful to have an help option on the image button whereby people could copy the script to enable people to do this as I am sure there are others like me who would not know where to start to write java script in this editor

Artist

As I do not the java script to disable to right click button I have managed to use my editor to create a web version of the artwork with the watermark - took some working out though.

I have put the watermark in the centre of the painting as I decided this was the best place for it and the web page version is smaller than the original so hopefully they can do no more than share it with friends.

thanks for the advice