cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting HTML codes in the ‎£‎15 package

Morri

I have a question about insertion of HTML codes:

I've been reading for the last two days all the previous posts on this issue, but couldn't figure out what is the current status with the '£15 Professional pack' regarding this issue.

I understand that (as bizarre as it sounds) the packages that include the EasySiteWizard Pro 7 do not support the insertion of HTML code directly into the Content Management System.

Now, forum members in these posts have used endless terminologies to describe the various BT packages, such as Business package, Advanced package, and so on...

Unfortunately, some of these packages have revolved and changed and have ceased to exist.

So can anyone please be kind to tell me whether the current '£15 Professional pack' does or does not enable me to insert HTML codes freely with no restrictions, to ANY PAGE of the web site that I create?

I know that the £5 pack does not support that because it enables you to use the EasySiteWizard platform, which doesn't support this, but does the current £15 Pack uses EasySiteWizard as well?

What platform does it use for managing and editing the site if not that?

Is it the 'ColdFusion MX Studio'?

For me (like ANYBODY who has a website these days) it is an absolute necessity to be able to copy and paste HTML codes freely to any given spot of any page of the website, be it a code of a video from Youtube, a widget from Twitter or other widgets from third hosting parties, or an ad that I wish to insert on the page, in more than one place.

So I would appreciate if someone could let me know if the £15 pack differs on this issue from the £5 pack, or do both use the exact same platform of the EasySiteWizard which doesn't enablr that.

Please, reply if you are absolutely %100 certain of the answer, whether because you have inserted HTML codes freely with the same £15 package yourself, or because you are a BT employee. 

(It would be nice to have a clear reply from a BT team member).

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

steph
Grand Master

Hi Morri,

You can edit html codes for any page of your website using EasySiteWizard application in WebsiteOS. In order to do this you need to go to "Build your site" section, click on View tab and then HTML Source. let me know how you get on, and get back in touch if you were looking for something else.

Cheers,

Stephanie

BT Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

dave
Guru

The £15 package includes exactly the same EasySiteWizard Pro and it will not allow the insertion of HTML codes on this package either. I am 100% certain of this.

There are ways manipulate the HTML code, but it is not supported by the EasySiteWizard Pro and is known to cause problems with the way the site displays. Also any custom code will be removed next time you edit the site.

ColdFusion support is available on the server but you would have to provide this yourself.

EasySiteWizard 6 is available on both the £5 and £15 packages and this supports the insertion of HTML.

TO be honest, if you are competent enough with web design that you are able to insert your own HTML code, then EasySiteWizard Pro is probably bit basic for you and you would be better looking at a more advanced web authoring program.

Morri

Thank you, Dave.

An official answer from a BT employee would still be nice, since today I recieved a different answer over the phone from BT technical support team, who promised that the £15 package DOES support insertion of HTML codes becuse it provides a different platform to manage and design the website than the £5 pack offers, and doesn't offer just the same EasySiteWizard.

So I don't know what to trust anymore, and whether or not to order this pack from BT.

dave
Guru
Believe me, I have both packages and the EasySiteWizard Pro is identical on both of them.

steph
Grand Master

Hi Morri,

You can edit html codes for any page of your website using EasySiteWizard application in WebsiteOS. In order to do this you need to go to "Build your site" section, click on View tab and then HTML Source. let me know how you get on, and get back in touch if you were looking for something else.

Cheers,

Stephanie

BT Forum Moderator

Balboas-Bain

After looking through this, you can use the WebhostOS to edit the code by going to File Manager > Double Clicking the, "Public Folder" to open > Single clicking the page you want to edit > Edit. This will allow you to edit the code of pages on your site.

But like mentioned by the user of, "Dave" when you publish the website again in Easy Site Wizard Pro 7, the changes you made will be over written. In some instances, foreign characters have appeared when this has happened due to coding issues.

The Easy Site Wizard package is not as complex as the pro one, for example it does not have as many templates, you can only insert text in a specified area, you can not drag and drop like you can in the pro one.

There are plenty of Tutorials available on line you can use for the development of websites using code, some being for the beginner, others for the intermediate and those for the advanced user. If you are unsure on how to use HTML editing, you can try using the below website:

http://www.w3schools.com

I hope this helps!

Balboas Bain

Life is but what you make of it...
If you want to have a great life, then make it....
You are in charge of your destiny...
No one else, YOU ARE

Chantale
Master User

Hi!

As Stephanie said, you are able to edit the HTML code in the Easy Site Wizard Pro. Hopefully her instructions, as well as mine will help you out.

Good luck!

:smileyhappy:

rhosyn
Power User
Please forgive me if I'm being a bit dense here and missing the whole point  - which I probably am (!) but I've used a HTML editor such as Pagebreeze and simply copied and pasted the image/widget/counter/whatever onto my site in Pro and it does work....

babyabroad

Hi Chantelle

Can you please be specific about where to find the view tab to be able to see the code.  Also if the code is edited at source, can you please confirm whether, as Dave suggested, returning to easysitewizard Pro will then overwrite any editing done.

Thanks

Babyabroad

dave
Guru
Look at what Balboa has said a few messages up if you need help to edit the code. Trust me though, it will be overwritten the next time you use the publish button in EasySiteWizard Pro.