cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the Case for a Fibre Cabinet?

Hanny

I'm in the Halifax area struggling with a long ADSL line. We can't get FTTC because our cabinet hasn't been upgraded. Bizzarely our second warehouse, on the same industrial eastate, is on a different cabinet and can get fibre.

Can anyone from BT help us make the case for getting our cabinet upgraded?

See our Speedtest.net results for an idea of what I'm up against;

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1447624466.png

3 REPLIES 3

Mudge00
Fully support your frustration. Our exchange (toothill Swindon) was enabled in June 2010 but would only appear to have enabled a minimal number of cabinets. BT customer service and technical appear completely unable to provide fttc cabinet locations or upgrade plans. After multiple technical difficulties (often speed <0.5mbs) we switched to Sky with an average speed of 1.5mbs. Sn22dq is 1mile from the centre of Swindon on a set of estates <10 hrs old. I fail to see why the cabinet feeding these cannot be upgraded given the poor speeds being reported via think broadband. What's worse though is the lack of info, pc pro has a good article on the great BT infinity con which seems to me just to be a marketing con. The best thing BT could do to dispel the mistrust would be to publish a list of fttc cabinets/ plans for upgrades as they have done in northern Ireland.

JohnE
Guru

I am sorry that I've taken this long to reply, there is a link to register interest in Infinity Broadband here:

BT Infinity for Business

Look in the When will Infinity be available? section.

Hanny

Thank you for your input but we have done this already JohnE. What I am looking to do is make a direct business case to someone rather than registering interest.

EFM has been attempted on our site but is not stable. The next option up is leased fibre which is extremely costly.