cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 'up to 20 mbs broadband' has slowly deteriorated to half speed

reab
Power User

Seems that the forum doesn't work correctly with Explorer 9 so posted text in reply below using Firefox 4

~
Favourite phrases:
Like your words, one day you may have to eat them!

The 50-50-90 rule - anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% probability you'll get it wrong!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
34 REPLIES 34

reab
Power User

Went through all the normal checks yet again, stressed I would like the line profile reset and was met with several - I'll just put you on hold. At one point I was informed that I had never been on 12mbs in 2011 - I did of course politely point out that I have evidence that I had, although maybe the router has lied to me.

The last on hold was for 50 minutes and I gave up for some lunch! All I wanted was to get the line profile reset but it seems that there was a resistance against doing this. It only a push of a computer button - isn't it?

I'd like to think that other companies do better than this but somehow I doubt it!

~
Favourite phrases:

The 50-50-90 rule - anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% probability you'll get it wrong!

reab
Power User

OK, so I MAY have to eat my words.

A very helpfull BT manager has watched this forum, listened to transcripts, called me and is taking action to reset the lines profile.

OK - its now been reset following a confirmation phone call and its looking good.

I'll be only too happy to report in the not too distant future that all has worked out well !

~
Favourite phrases:

MHC
Guru

@JohnE wrote:

You are quite correct, MHC.  It's also a Residential broadband line.  I have directed the user to the correct forum and suggested that he needs to contact the helpdesk

It may be a residential line,   but a business broadband service.

The OP is not the only one out there with that type of service, it is very common and I too have teh same combination.  Residential Line and Business Broadband.

For Broadband faults he must use the Business Broadband help desk - normally based up in Scotland.

JohnE
Guru

That was with reference to BenLSage, MHC, who is a Residential customer.  In any case, I think that the salient point is, if you have a fault, then contact the appropriate helpdesk.

reab
Power User

Well, quite simply I've heard from BT again who are happy with the results I'm now receiving after the line profile was reset a few days ago. I know that it may change during the course of the next week or so but I'm now getting just over 14mbs download speed and I'll be happy if it stays up there! A simple thing to do it seems but many hoops to jump to get it done!

It seems that BT are making progress in customer relations and here is at least one happy subscriber !

~
Favourite phrases: