cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 7

julia

Hi, I have just bought myself a new Nexus 7 tablet. I am having difficulty setting up the correct e-mail settings. They seem to be accepted but then I do not receive and can not send mail. Please can you advise. Thank you.

For incoming settings I have put my user name and password.

pop3 server: pop3.btconnect.com

security: none

Port 110

Outgoing settings:

SPTP server: mail.btconnect.com

Security: none

Port 587

Left sign in box empty.

10 REPLIES 10

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

If you're not migrated and still using the btconnect.com servers, then you need to use port 25, not 587.

Dave

julia

Thank you for your reply. I changed the port to 25 as you said. Each time I press done it reverts to 587.

Julia

Stephenc
Master User

Hi Julia,

That is quite odd, is ssl turned on?  It generally has a tendancy to change port numbers.

Although I do notice you have said security off.

Also if you are not on a bt connection, i.e. the 3G network, you will need outgoing authentication set to password.

Thanks,

Steve

julia

Hi Steve, I do not have any security settings.

When I tick the box require sign in, and put my e-mail address for my username and usual password I get 'couldn't open connection to server'. The port is still reverting to 587. I have tried the smtp server as mail.btconnect .com as well as  smtp.btconnect.com.

Thanks

julia

I also get a different response sometimes:

Username or password incorrect. [535.5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful}

However I am using the same details I always use.

Julian

I found it works if you leave the sign in box empty and change port to 25 for outgoing settings.

See below

Outgoing settings:

SPTP server: smtp.btconnect.com

Security: none

Port 25

Left sign in box empty.

julia

Thanks for your suggestion Julian.

Those are exactly the same settings that I am using but when I put 25 for the port setting, it reverts to 587 automatically when i press 'done'.

kimmwood

My nexus 7 keeps going back to 587 too.  Seems impossible to get 365 to work.

Anyone?

stevemackenzie
Hi, did you ever manage to get this resolved? I am having exactly the same problems.