cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Wiring Configuration?

KEM

I've just moved into a 50 year old property, which reflects its age - especially as the former owners were in their 80s. The house is in a rural village location, and the copper wire arrives by overhead cables. I've recently received my broadband hardware and am very familiar with setting up adsl modems / WiFi / etc. However, despite BT having activated my BB service, there is no BB connection whatsoever. Voice telephony works fine, however. Could it be that the incoming copper has inadequate provision for the technological demands of BB? I'm guessing that it's probably as simple as the number of wires actually connected inside the socket, or maybe they are connected to the "wrong" pins for BB, but satisfy voice. Any suggestions gratefully received, as I work from home and this is causing me huge professional problems.

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi KEM,

I would advise contacting our helpdesk as it could be that the broadband order has not completed/activated yet on the line, here are the helpdesk contact options

Regards

Markp

KEM

Thank you for this. I made contact with the help desk and, despite my being told previously that BB had been activated, it seems that the order for BB activation was actually cancelled somewhere along the line. So, net effect: no BB activation after all. All this despite my ADSL hardware arriving as planned. Go figure! I now have to join the engineering queue once again - I just hope that this internal BT error might justify my being 'fast-tracked'. Fingers crossed. Ciao.