cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI DSS Compliance - BT Business Hub

piccolaitaliauk

For the past 2 years I have followed the strict guidelines set out by the PCI Security Standards council https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/smb/

After my most recent scan which I carried out last week I failed (every time previous I complied) It took some time to identify the reason and turns out that port 50001 and port 3479 were open on my BT Business Hub. Upon further investigation it turns out that port 50001 is the BT standard port at which they run diagnostics and firmware updates and port 3479 is the manufactures port which they also use for updates. There is no way to manually close these ports down so I called BT. The technical guy I spoke to was really helpful but was shocked to hear that I had failed my compliance due to this, that no one has raised this as an issue before and that BT had no plans in the future to close these ports down. So I find myself in a situation. I have contacted the PCI technical support and they are investigating ............. My possible option would be to buy a 3rd party router but how can I be sure that all the manufactures do not require open ports for upgrades. Equally I find myself asking the question 'why am I paying BT for a service which is now not fit for purpose' ......! Has anyone out there experienced anything similar. Would love to hear. 

0 REPLIES 0