cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system password

laureng

Does anyone know the system password for a bt business home hub? 

When i try to set the hub up it asks for the user name and password which i know but then it asks for the system password as well but i don't know what it is wondered if anyone could help?

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_E
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi Lauren,

When the BT Business Hub comes out, you've got a default admin password and a default WIFI password.

The admin password is usually the serial number of the router and the Wifi password is the WEP key that's printed on the label.  I can only assume, if you haven't changed it, that it would be one of these two that it's looking for.

Hope that helps..

Chris

Chris | Sales & Service Delivery Manager | Parker Solutions

Parker Solutions provide independent outsourcing & consultancy services to small & medium businesses.

Parker Solutions are an authorised BT Partner

michael_d

you should have had two letters from bt, with the id codes and passwords.

Chris_E
BT Partner
BT Partner

Michael, is that not the username and password for when you're connecting to broadband for the very first time? i.e. c_WHATEVER@hg**.btclick.com?

If so, I don't think that would be the system password, just a method of authenticating internet access.

Chris | Sales & Service Delivery Manager | Parker Solutions

Parker Solutions provide independent outsourcing & consultancy services to small & medium businesses.

Parker Solutions are an authorised BT Partner

michael_d

one has the first time login password and the bt connect email password, the other has the user name and bt connect email address.

the WEP (and WPA) came with the router

the hub number is on the back of the router

both the passwords were the same!!!

I think that is the full set of passwords and logins required. Are there any others?

Alun
Master User

Hi laureng,

Have you resolved your issue now? If not, can you please specify if it is the BT HomeHub or the BT Business Hub that you are having issues with? Thank you.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

amis

I found the thread about the 'system 'password, but the final answer is not provided.

Have wasted a lot of time this afternoon trying to set up our new broadband but am stuck because of this mystery password.

Can anyone help?

A