cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up Iphone 4S

SPARKYWOMAN

We are trying to set up a secondary email account on an iphone 4S - all the information has been and is still working on my ipad but when I try to send and receive email on the phone it states that the user name or password for the account is incorrect - IT ISNT INCORRECT but fails to work.

I have tried Googling the issue and also looking up previous posts on here and have copied all the settings as stated by others but to no avail. 

I have now got my primary e-mail account playing up on my iphone and refusing to send photos - "A copy has been placed in your Outbox.  The recipient "my e-mail address" was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying"

Orange have been most helpful but can't find a solution to the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

tom41

I have had that message about relaying on my iphone in the past and it happened when i upgraded the iphone ios version.  What the iphone helpfully does when you upgrade (or at least used to) is to remove your password in one of the locations, I think in the outgoing smtp section.  I was using IMAP at the time.  It doesnt say anything helpful like "password required" instead you just get this useless message about relaying.  Just double check you have passwords completed in incoming and in particular outgoing (smtp) areas.  May not be that but I just recognised that same error message.  Tom

Burkem5
Guru

hi i have just finished writing an article on this that may be of help 
http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email/Iphone-set-up-with-screenshots/td-p/48324

i would also suggest connecting the phone to bt wifi,  this will mean that you are sending through BT and will not be blocked as potential spam by other providers 

Let me know how this works out