cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential-Business Broadband nightmare

gbromham

My company arranged for my residential broadband to be transferred to BT Business Broadband back in July 2010.  At the time my Residential Broadband (on a BT business line paid for by my company) was with BTYahoo.  The Residential-Business Sales Team said they would deal with the whole process - ie they would cancel my residential broadband through BTYahoo and establish my Business Broadband.

Guess what!  Business Broadband was set up and the company is being billed monthly for this, whilst at the same time BTYahoo continue to charge my corporate VISA for 'residential' broadband.  Despite at least 6 telephone calls (nightmare experience in the first place!) and a letter to the Durham billing centre, the matter is not resolved and my VISA card was charged again in November for BTYahoo residential broadband.  I am absolutely disillusion and underwhelmed with the appalling level of service from BT.  For instance today, I (eventually) go through to someone who said he would resolve the matter while I held on the line - he tried to contact the BTYahoo team and needless to say, my call got cut off - this after an hour of trying to find someone who could help!  What is going on in this organisation - I have never come across such unprofessionalism. 

11 REPLIES 11

ethelred

Same here - I was on BT Business Broadband for 12 months from May 2009 until we moved in May 2010 - only realised when we moved we'd been paying for 2 connections for 12 months - usual run around between the home and business teams, got a refund eventually. Then it took about 2 weeks to get the new connection sorted out. Stable-ish for 7 months and the last week the speed has dropped from a steady 2.5Mb to .5Mb - had it checked out by a very helpful Lindsey at the business broadband team only to be told nothing wrong with it but the residential team think "there might be a problem with the lines, but they don't know what" - try calling 154 - did so, ran the test, and guess what, no fault found. I'm an IT Director and Chartered IT Professional so I do know what I'm doing my end - only mistake is placing any faith in BT!!

Thought of swithching to PlusNet - but who owns them now - BT!!

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Ethelred,

I'm really sorry to read you are experiencing issues with your connection. I have checked the technical call, if your Telephone line has been tested and reports no issues, you will need to go back to the technical team to ensure that the setup is correct and in the master socket, then raise a fault. Please let us know how you get on with the technical team.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.