cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Loss of Service - Ongoing

jmckeag12

Hello,

3 Months ago, I moved to PlusNet due to the price with BT.

How ever due to a few issues with the way they treat customers, I ended up leaving with them terminating our Contract. How ever when trying to move back to BT. A issue admin side blocked the Order.

After 2 weeks of placing a order it failed 1 hour before it was suppose to go througbh. Then another 2 weeks they did another order that also failed due to a PlusNET tag apparently being on the phone line.

Eventually after a whole month of phoning each day missing day's off work they rushed the order once the tag was removed and got my service back online

2 weeks later. on a Friday Afternoon several engineers was outside the Cabinet down the road. and Magically our service went down. After phoning the BT tenhical support helpdesk they got a engineer out for Tuesday this was done on the Sauturday as, I only got back in to find it was out. The issue was fixed? 5 Days later!...

Ths is where again problems happen again. I was on the internet On monday this week, And the internet suddenly went offline. I went diownstrairs to find that the White Openreach modem had no light for the second time in the last 2 weeks. So I phone up BT and they advise a fault is ongoing. They phoned an enginner who came out Yesterday and stated that. BT had totally removed the broadband off the line. AGAIN ANOTHER ISSUE WITH BTS INCOMPETENCE!

This issue was caused by BT advising me to switch to BT buisness broadband to get faster Engineer Appointments. I upgraded to BUisness infinity that should of not caused any loss of service the guy Assured me of that. Yet BT stripped the service from me line and has left me without internet.

Yet this morning a person from high level complaints. Rings me and goes your service is active again. There has been a session since 8 this morning. That is incorrect Again.

7 REPLIES 7

jmckeag12

This is not my first issue either. Had several other issues like this with BT.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Just want to remind you, and everyone else:

"These Forums are for BT Business customers to discuss how to get the most out of their BT Business products and services with other customers. Helpdesk agents monitor posts on a part-time basis but this is not an official BT contact route. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved by BT please contact us."

Anyway I've sent you a PM.

Dave

jmckeag12

Responded.

jmckeag12

Just as a note.

The person on the forum who responded to me is very rude. Just much like everyone at BT! 🙂

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Well to be honest I'm going to disagree with you there.  I told you the truth of the matter, at least as far as I can find it.

I'm more than happy to post up my PM responses and let people read them.

I dug up as much information as I could for you, which actually goes above and beyond my job as a moderator, and advised you as best I could.

Would you like me to post up my responses?  Would you like me to prove how 'rude' I was?

Dave

jmckeag12

*I have to disagree with that.  From what I can see an order was put through the system and there appeared to be no problems, although I'm tech and not order management so I probably wouldn't know a broken order if it punched me.*

Yet the issue with my broadband was that the jumpers was plugged into someone elses property? I've got connection back now after an engineer came out on Friday. But I loose connection for 30 minute peroids where the DSL light continues to go off flash and won't sync.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

@jmckeag12 wrote:

*I have to disagree with that.  From what I can see an order was put through the system and there appeared to be no problems, although I'm tech and not order management so I probably wouldn't know a broken order if it punched me.*

Yet the issue with my broadband was that the jumpers was plugged into someone elses property? I've got connection back now after an engineer came out on Friday. But I loose connection for 30 minute peroids where the DSL light continues to go off flash and won't sync.

I'm glad it's working again, at least partly.

But since you appear to want to quote my PM to rubbish me I've bolded the bits that make it clear that my investigations were not definitive.

And even if I had been involved in the technical case how in blazes would I have been able to see something that was an actual physical issue in the exchange?

Let the Helpdesk know that you're still having problems.  They can investigate further.

This thread is now closed.

Dave