cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer domain but keep email

jmsutton1981

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to transfer a domain away but keep the email attached with it through office365? we have theBusiness Email Lite package and don't want to lose our emails.

I'm hoping I can just set up the same dns records that are currently there on the other end but does anyone know if this is the case?

1 REPLY 1

Burkem5
Guru

Hi JMSutton

there are a couple of ways to get this done

You could keep the domain with us and move over the A- Records (webhosting) to the new company

this means no disruption to emails

BT keeps the domain and control of the domain but gives the webhosting part to another company

You could keep the domain with us and move the DNS servers to the new company then point the email (MX) records back to us

this may result in a little downtime but we can plan for that and make sure your hosting company has the email records before we make the switch so that this down time is minimised

BT keeps the domain but gives over full control to another company who then gives the email to us to handle

You could move the whole domain away from BT and then point the mail back

Most downtime but again we can plan for this and minimise this by ensuring that the new hosting company has the correct email records

Another company takes the domain in its entirety and then gives us the email

Hope this helps

Burkem5