cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable waiting times

johnnyretro

I ordered 3 lines on the 1st August 2012. It is now the 16th October 2012 as I write this and I am still non the wiser as to when my lines will be installed.

Is this a record?? BT were happy enough to take my order but just don't have the capacity to fulfill it. I've been told that a Site Survey Officer needs to give me a call to arrange a visit to see what needs to be done. Has he called?? Had 2 visits from engineers both to tell me the same thing...that a site survey needs to be done. New premises, new lines needed was explained at the outset of the ordering process, so why didn't BT/Openreach do a survey to start with rather than sending out engineers to fit lines without knowing what needed to be done???

I really don't know what to do now as I'm desperate for these lines. I don't want to cancel and reorder as it may take even longer.

Can anyone help??

6 REPLIES 6

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

No idea unfortunately.  All I can suggest is to call 0800 800 152 and see what information they have.

Dave

SusanBentley

I ordered 2 lines on 16 May and am still waiting. I have spoken many times to people on the BT number and have written to the Complaints Department at the end of last month without response. Does BT actually want new customers? We may only be a small organisation but we cannot start operating until we get the lines.

Burkem5
Guru

hi there i am very sorry about this -  what i would advise is to speak with the orders desk about this on 
0800 800 150

or come through to the orders livechat team at 

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/contact

they will be able to give you an update and would be able to try to push this forward with the engineers 

NAA

We are moving into a new office(whenever BT can get the line in) there is already a business in the office who use BT, who are moving across the hallway to their bigger office.  However, BT have now told us we have to wait until mid Feb to get the line activated etc.  Even though the business who is there at the moment moves to their new office on the 20th Dec 2012 with BT, how difficult can it be, to move them and activate the line .

I am not impressed with BT service at all.

JamesKidd

I concur read va copy of my email

Sent: 19 December 2012 16:13
To: Buckley,WJ,Warren,M7 R
Subject: Customer service issues

Hello Warren,

Due to BT giving BT Openreach the wrong exchange number twice we are having great difficulty having a new/additional line connected at our business premises:

Gorgeous Therapies Ltd (not Therapist)

29-35 Hamilton Place

Stockbridge

Edinburgh

EH3 5BA

We took the lease for the above commercial property on 29th October and immediately ordered two phone lines and broadband. We were assured that one phone line 0131 343 1152 could be connected almost right away but it would take a few weeks for the other line and broadband to be connect. Sure enough 343 1152 was connected within a few days.

We were sent an abundance of paperwork which was not only confusing but not that informative as it stated a phone number which may or may not be the number we end up with, taking this literally we could not have any business paperwork, stationery, flyers or cards printed neither could any of our therapists who are working from these premises. 

As arranged your contractors, 'Kelly?' turned up on 29th of November and took a couple of hours to tell us that he could not do anything as the number we had been given was for a different exchange apparently this 220 number could not be connected to our premises, seems obvious considering we already had a 343 number installed. 

I immediately called BT to try and sort it out and eventually cancelled the order for a new line with broadband and got the broadband installed on the line we had 343 1152, begs the question why was this not the arrangement from the start? I was advised this would take a maximum of 5 working days but then got paperwork stating it would go live on the 10th November, remember this order was placed on 29th October therefore well in excess of 5 working days.

Still on the 29th, I re-ordered a new line, no broadband this time and we were given to-days date for installation, please keep in mind that we still can't get paperwork prepared as the number we had been given would not necessarily be the number we ended up with. The BT Openreach installers arrived today and within 10 seconds had declared that they could not connect the number 225 6823 to our premises as this was from a different exchange, Rose Street. 

I had used the 17070 number from various sockets in the premises and advised the installers that 343-1897 and 343-6312 were both live lines and asked them to contact someone to enable them to get one of these lines, they reluctantly agreed to speak to their manager George Dalglish and they said that he had advised them not to do this. 

We are at our wits end trying to get a second line connected to our premises which consists of a hair salon, three therapy rooms a meeting/training room and a gift shop, none of which are at their optimal as we can not advertise as we still do not have both of our lines or even the numbers, we can not even provide gift vouchers which we had hoped people would purchase as gifts.

I have been advised on more than one occasion by your after sales staff not to complain until the situation is resolved as until then no compensation can be calculated but, as it seems, the situation may never be resolved. I am asking if you could please intervene in this fiasco and arrange to have a second line installed at the earliest. In any event we have now missed the Christmas opportunity for sales.

In the interest of brevity I have not detailed all of the conversations and problems we have had.

Please help us!

Regards

James Kidd and Rachel Swanney, Gorgeous Therapies Ltd (and not Therapist Ltd as your team keep referring to it.)

sudhir22

I have no idea about it.