cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Web Hosting Question- Please Help

IainTraynor

I have a .co.uk domain and standard hosting. I have currently hired someone who is doing SEO work and improving my site to something more professional.  The problem is that I have went through the upgrade process and ended up with 2 packages, my standard package is still there and now I have the professional package too. I cannot activate the professional package with my existing domain name as it is still on the standard hosting package and you cant transfer from one to the other.

I simply cannot use a new domain name to activate the professional hosting because a lot of off page SEO work has been done with the existing .co.uk domain.

I was under the impression that the upgrade process simply upgraded my existing package, I did'nt realize or was warned at anytime through the upgrade process that I end up with 2 packages. Searching the forum I have found that I am not the only one that has had this problem.

Is it not possible to transfer my domain name from the basic hosting package to the professional  hosting package and then have the basic package (which I've had for over 2 years) cancelled as I wont need it any more ?

My new site is being created from scratch so the old site doesnt matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IainTraynor

OK, got it sorted, fantastic support from BT. Thankyou DNS Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

IainTraynor

OK, got it sorted, fantastic support from BT. Thankyou DNS Team

JohnE
Guru

Thanks for that comment, IainTraynor, the helpdesk is usually the best place to get issues such as these resolved.

hutch74

Hiya

Just come across your posting on the BT help forum - I have the same issue, but as yet have had no solution from anyone - can you please point me in the right direction

thanks you very much

hutch74

Hiya

Just come across your posting on the BT help forum - I have the same issue, but as yet have had no solution from anyone - can you please point me in the right direction

thanks you very much

John_Summers

Wrong they said ring billing on monday.

John_Summers

By calling it upgrade and charging you twice bt are commiting fraud